Interoperability channel?

Discussion forum for scanning Cape Cod & the Islands, including Barnstable, Dukes, and Nantucket counties.
soffron31

Interoperability channel?

Post by soffron31 »

In listening to a working fire in Bourne a mutual aid engine from Plymouth was dispatched and Plymouth county control requested Bourne to "open the interoperability channel". I have heard this a few times now. I assume since Plymouth County is all UHF, they patch a UHF channel to the trunk for them. Any one know what they are patching to the trunk for a channel?
Daniel
Cape Cod, MA

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Re: Interoperability channel?

Post by ecps92 »

Did you attempt the
https://www.snewiki.com/wiki/index.php/ ... epartments
County Talkgroups/OPS Channels or the
https://www.snewiki.com/wiki/index.php/ ... requencies
Conventional 800 Frequencies
soffron31 wrote:
10 Dec 2020 20:26
In listening to a working fire in Bourne a mutual aid engine from Plymouth was dispatched and Plymouth county control requested Bourne to "open the interoperability channel". I have heard this a few times now. I assume since Plymouth County is all UHF, they patch a UHF channel to the trunk for them. Any one know what they are patching to the trunk for a channel?
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

soffron31

Post by soffron31 »

Sure did, I have looked here and RR nothing listed for intercounty interop. I have also read my 800 dept radio which shows nothing too.
Daniel
Cape Cod, MA

Mark SNE Moderator
Forums and Wiki Moderator

Post by Mark SNE Moderator »

When this happens they patch a Plymouth County Mutual Aid Channel to the Cape department in question. In this case it was patching Plymouth Fire to Bourne Fire and OPS-1. If you monitor both the Plymouth County M/A channel and the OPS channel there is a one second delay on the Plymouth M/A channel. Why that is, I'm not sure.
Mark,

Scan New England Moderator

soffron31

Post by soffron31 »

Thanks Mark! I assume when a truck from the cape goes over the bridge the do the inverse and patch and ops to whatever town they are going to? I am just far enough away that I can not get Plymouth county from my location.
Daniel
Cape Cod, MA

Mark SNE Moderator
Forums and Wiki Moderator

Post by Mark SNE Moderator »

I think Bourne FD has UHF radios in the trucks and can switch directly to Plymouth FD if they go on a mutual aid call. I think the same can be said regarding Wareham.
Mark,

Scan New England Moderator