New Regional Dispatch

Discussion forum for scanning Southeastern Massachusetts, including Bristol and Plymouth counties.
ecps92
Wiki Administrator

New Regional Dispatch

#1 Post by ecps92 » 01 Jul 2019 13:58

SEMRECC was to go live today
https://mansfield.wickedlocal.com/news/ ... ugh-july-1

Dispatching for Mansfield and Foxboro, with Easton and Norton to join later.

Posted in Southeastern forum as 75% of the agencies for SEMRECC are Bristol County and only Foxboro is part of Norfolk.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Re: New Regional Dispatch

#2 Post by garys » 01 Jul 2019 19:09

I wonder if this is related to what appear to be changes in the call signs of Easton and Mansfield fire apparatus?
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

Lynskey 85

#3 Post by Lynskey 85 » 01 Jul 2019 20:26

Gary, yes. Easton 1x, Foxboro 2x, Mansfield 3x, Norton 4x are a direct result of the regionalization efforts. If they haven't all yet made the changes (Foxboro limited since they are mostly in the 20s already) then they have to before the day they go live. So Foxboro and Mansfield I'd assume are both in compliance with that requirement as of today
Greg Lynskey
W2GEL
Communications Center Director - South Worcester County Communications Center

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

#4 Post by garys » 01 Jul 2019 20:43

Thanks! That coincides with what I've been hearing in Easton. Engine 12, Ambulance 11, and so on.
Lynskey 85 wrote:
01 Jul 2019 20:26
Gary, yes. Easton 1x, Foxboro 2x, Mansfield 3x, Norton 4x are a direct result of the regionalization efforts. If they haven't all yet made the changes (Foxboro limited since they are mostly in the 20s already) then they have to before the day they go live. So Foxboro and Mansfield I'd assume are both in compliance with that requirement as of today
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

Lynskey 85

#5 Post by Lynskey 85 » 01 Jul 2019 20:59

I will tell you from first hand experience, I wish we had done this. Although I think we could still do so if and when we add an additional town, it would have been an easier sell at day 1 like SEMRECC did.

We tried to enforce a "Webster Engine 1 to Fire Alarm" vs. "Dudley Ladder 1 to Fire Alarm" method, however it just didn't really stick. So we get "Engine 1 to fire alarm" and have to double check the channel activity to confirm who is calling us. The Police side is a little easier as although there is no standard between the two towns, none of the cruiser numbers or badge numbers overlap. Any neighboring community coming in though has at least minimal overlap on the PD side that would cause similar confusion.
Greg Lynskey
W2GEL
Communications Center Director - South Worcester County Communications Center

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

#6 Post by W1KNE » 01 Jul 2019 21:56

Lynskey 85 wrote:
01 Jul 2019 20:26
Norton is too. All apparatus were being referred to by 40's. I was wondering why the change. The dispatcher was still the normal police dispatcher for the town. (Same one has been on for years), but the units have changed.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.