Xfinity Center

Discussion forum for scanning Southeastern Massachusetts, including Bristol and Plymouth counties.
W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Xfinity Center

Post by W1KNE »

It sounded like driving through earlier that the Xfinity center may have gone DMR

I had 461.0625 CC4 TG4 TS1 with comms that sounded similar to those of the past. It also appeared to be simplex.
Now the bands are somewhat open but this is worth investigating.

I didn't have time today to check it out but there are still a number of concerts ahead, I'll have time.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast - Municipal Fire Alarm Collector
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me.

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Re: Xfinity Center

Post by W1KNE »

W1KNE wrote:
18 Aug 2021 15:32
It sounded like driving through earlier that the Xfinity center may have gone DMR

I had 461.0625 CC4 TG4 TS1 with comms that sounded similar to those of the past. It also appeared to be simplex.
Now the bands are somewhat open but this is worth investigating.

I didn't have time today to check it out but there are still a number of concerts ahead, I'll have time.
This is definitely parking lot operations. Wiki will be updated.
Mike Fitzpatrick

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

So I finally got some time to park as close as I could without paying or being kicked out by the county sheriff's.
The whole operation is DMR now, and it all follows the channels

461.0375 No traffic heard
461.0625 CC4 TG4 TS1
461.0875 CC5 TG5 TS1
461.1125 CC6 TG6 TS1
461.1375 CC7 TG7 TS1
461.1625 CC8 TG8 TS1
461.1875 CC1 TG9 TS1 (Note: Color code was 1 not 9. I replayed several receptions on this).

The DMR system is really low powered. You need to be right next to the place now to hear it. They *may* be simplex now, but it's very difficult to tell with DMR.
Mike Fitzpatrick

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

As I expected. 461.0375 is TG3. Another one using CC01 however.

461.0375 CC1 TG3 TS1
461.0625 CC4 TG4 TS1
461.0875 CC5 TG5 TS1
461.1125 CC6 TG6 TS1
461.1375 CC7 TG7 TS1
461.1625 CC8 TG8 TS1
461.1875 CC1 TG9 TS1
Mike Fitzpatrick

ScanBoston
Forums and Wiki Moderator

Post by ScanBoston »

If the Xfinity Center is operating as they did with their older analog radios?? (Bearcom Rentals) They would all hang out on Ch1 until a certain time before showtime and then an announcement would be made and they'd scatter to their respective departments. Early in the day many fewer workers and they really don't have enough action to need the space but as they get closer to showtime and the staffing ramps up they do. I haven't been down there since Covid so I'm out of touch.

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

ScanBoston wrote:
13 Oct 2021 20:54
If the Xfinity Center is operating as they did with their older analog radios?? (Bearcom Rentals) They would all hang out on Ch1 until a certain time before showtime and then an announcement would be made and they'd scatter to their respective departments. Early in the day many fewer workers and they really have enough action to need the space but as they get closer to showtime and the staffing ramps up they do. I haven't been down there since Covid so I'm out of touch.
Yeah that is what it seems. Ch 1 was active during the down time yesterday, but during the show two weeks ago, Ch 1 was quiet and the other channels were (very) active.
The Xfinity parking lots are also used when the TPC and large Golf events are going on, so if the history is any indicator, during those, Ch 2 will become active again.

I don't think they are repeaters either, based on how strong some were versus others. (Which I think the wiki is wrong at the moment.)

My neighbor across the street works for Live Nation. I will ask him next year if the radios have any labels on them.
Mike Fitzpatrick

ScanBoston
Forums and Wiki Moderator

Post by ScanBoston »

Probably all just simplex as they were when they were conventional. My guess is Bearcom is just using digital radios now.