Horseneck Beach

Discussion forum for scanning Southeastern Massachusetts, including Bristol and Plymouth counties.
Post Reply
Message
Author
jvaillancourt
Posts: 18
Joined: 28 Feb 2019 13:24

Horseneck Beach

#1 Post by jvaillancourt » 05 Apr 2019 09:59

Any frequencies for horseneck beach lifeguards etc? Would that be under "Westport Harbormaster"?

JBP
Posts: 152
Joined: 28 Jun 2008 11:24
Location: South of Boston

Re: Horseneck Beach

#2 Post by JBP » 05 Apr 2019 11:17

Horseneck Beach is a state reservation. The staff including lifeguards work for DCR.

I believe they use DCR 15 for all their communications.
http://www.scan-ne.net/wiki/index.php?t ... R_Forestry
Jeremy
KB1REQ (DMR-MARC: 3125125)

User avatar
ecps92
Wiki Administrator
Posts: 4879
Joined: 07 Dec 2005 19:26
Location: South Shore, MA
Contact:

Re: Horseneck Beach

#3 Post by ecps92 » 05 Apr 2019 11:19

Horseneck is a State Reservation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseneck ... eservation

If not on the 800 TRS for the Commonwealth, they might be [VHF see below] and or 464/469 business itinerant
http://www.scan-ne.net/wiki/index.php?t ... R_Forestry
jvaillancourt wrote:
05 Apr 2019 09:59
Any frequencies for horseneck beach lifeguards etc? Would that be under "Westport Harbormaster"?
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

User avatar
kelton.dray
Posts: 23
Joined: 31 Oct 2018 08:49
Location: Pioneer Valley

Re: Horseneck Beach

#4 Post by kelton.dray » 09 Apr 2019 13:14

Horseneck DCR just bought a repeater for lifeguard operations. Not sure of the frequency as of yet. Keep an ear out.
Antenna location is on the lifeguard HQ, so I'm sure it won't go that far beyond line of sight.

jvaillancourt
Posts: 18
Joined: 28 Feb 2019 13:24

Re: Horseneck Beach

#5 Post by jvaillancourt » 11 Apr 2019 11:27

Great, thanks for the info.

User avatar
ecps92
Wiki Administrator
Posts: 4879
Joined: 07 Dec 2005 19:26
Location: South Shore, MA
Contact:

Re: Horseneck Beach

#6 Post by ecps92 » 11 Apr 2019 18:39

There is no repeater licensed for a good range around the lat/lon of Horse Neck

What is the source of the info?
kelton.dray wrote:
09 Apr 2019 13:14
Horseneck DCR just bought a repeater for lifeguard operations. Not sure of the frequency as of yet. Keep an ear out.
Antenna location is on the lifeguard HQ, so I'm sure it won't go that far beyond line of sight.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

sawyer100
Formerly CMPSA
Posts: 541
Joined: 02 Nov 2005 22:39
Location: Warren, MA

Re: Horseneck Beach

#7 Post by sawyer100 » 11 Apr 2019 20:50

few years ago now, friend of mine used to work there as a full-time lifeguard. They used DCR Channel 15 (Parks/Recreation) 151.370 simplex PL 71.9. Each lifeguard stand had a DCR VHF portable radio. Though not allowed to carry it if a rescue might be needed, they left it at the lifeguard stand.

User avatar
kelton.dray
Posts: 23
Joined: 31 Oct 2018 08:49
Location: Pioneer Valley

Re: Horseneck Beach

#8 Post by kelton.dray » 12 Apr 2019 12:40

ecps92 wrote:
11 Apr 2019 18:39
There is no repeater licensed for a good range around the lat/lon of Horse Neck

What is the source of the info?
kelton.dray wrote:
09 Apr 2019 13:14
Horseneck DCR just bought a repeater for lifeguard operations. Not sure of the frequency as of yet. Keep an ear out.
Antenna location is on the lifeguard HQ, so I'm sure it won't go that far beyond line of sight.
I know you guys like first hand radio tech info.....

User avatar
W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster
Posts: 4078
Joined: 19 Aug 2005 12:00
Location: Taunton, MA
Contact:

Re: Horseneck Beach

#9 Post by W1KNE » 13 Apr 2019 08:00

kelton.dray wrote:
12 Apr 2019 12:40
I know you guys like first hand radio tech info.....
We sure do. However information isn't put into the WIKI until it's monitored and confirmed as being used by a separate receiver/decoder.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.

User avatar
ecps92
Wiki Administrator
Posts: 4879
Joined: 07 Dec 2005 19:26
Location: South Shore, MA
Contact:

Re: Horseneck Beach

#10 Post by ecps92 » 13 Apr 2019 08:06

And as a side note, the DCR Boston area beaches, only the Supv has [from monitoring] a DCR Radio
Each Guard tho has 464/469 Itinerant Business Band radios
cmpsa wrote:
11 Apr 2019 20:50
few years ago now, friend of mine used to work there as a full-time lifeguard. They used DCR Channel 15 (Parks/Recreation) 151.370 simplex PL 71.9. Each lifeguard stand had a DCR VHF portable radio. Though not allowed to carry it if a rescue might be needed, they left it at the lifeguard stand.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

User avatar
kelton.dray
Posts: 23
Joined: 31 Oct 2018 08:49
Location: Pioneer Valley

Re: Horseneck Beach

#11 Post by kelton.dray » 15 Apr 2019 11:46

W1KNE wrote:
13 Apr 2019 08:00
kelton.dray wrote:
12 Apr 2019 12:40
I know you guys like first hand radio tech info.....
We sure do. However information isn't put into the WIKI until it's monitored and confirmed as being used by a separate receiver/decoder.
It was purely informational, a heads up for searching, if you will

Post Reply