Whitman Fire "new" terminology

Discussion forum for scanning Southeastern Massachusetts, including Bristol and Plymouth counties.
Wqwy879
Formerly KB1UAM - Moderated User

Whitman Fire "new" terminology

Post by Wqwy879 »

As of the new year I believe, Whitman Fire uses the term Code Red when they are striking a box. Not sure if it is EMS related or if that relates to a possible Structure Fire. Anybody have any idea?

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Re: Whitman Fire "new" terminology

Post by garys »

That's common terminology for a fire in RI, so I'd guess that's how Whitman is using it. You just have to listen a bit more and it will likely become clear how they are using it.
Wqwy879 wrote:
21 Jan 2020 04:45
As of the new year I believe, Whitman Fire uses the term Code Red when they are striking a box. Not sure if it is EMS related or if that relates to a possible Structure Fire. Anybody have any idea?
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

Wqwy879 wrote:
21 Jan 2020 04:45
Springfield used to use the color codes often for calls upon arrival.
Code Red was working fire, Yellow was single engine can handle, Blue was a false alarm box.
I don't recall there being an orange.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.

Wqwy879
Formerly KB1UAM - Moderated User

Post by Wqwy879 »

I ended up finding out for Whitman Fire that Code Red actually means it is a Cardiac Emergency call. I believe Rockland uses Code Red as same as Whitman also.