Help w/DSD Plus fastlane starts recording on startup.

A forum for the discussion of APCO-2, DMR, NXDN, and any other type of digital radio systems in our monitoring area.
riskan20

Help w/DSD Plus fastlane starts recording on startup.

Post by riskan20 »

Hello

I have been messing around all weekend with a new version of DSD Plus Fastlane. I have almost everything set the way I like. But when I start the program, it also starts recording audio....there is no way to permanently stop this. Same thing with the log. I don't need a huge log file and there is a way to set to "minimal" logging but I dont know how. So is there a way to set the program to NOT record audio? And also a way to CUT DOWN huge logs?

CG
Forums and Wiki Moderator

Re: Help w/DSD Plus fastlane starts recording on startup.

Post by CG »

Yes there is for both however without you posting your DSDPlus startup batch file line, all I can say is read the Help or the notes.
Run this to create a printable Help file for DSDPlus:
DSDPlus -h >DSDPlus_help.txt

When you look at the document, you will see that the > or >> command creates the log file and the output options -I, -O, and -P creates the recordings.

riskan20

Post by riskan20 »

OK Here is the start up batch files. I start both 1R.bat and FMP24-CC.bat

1R.bat: DSDPlus -r1 -T -E -Pwav -i20001 >>1R-log.txt

FMP24-CC.bat: FMP24 -rc -i1 -o20001 -P0.0 -b12.5 -f853.875

On FMP24-CC.bat I put in "-b12.5" for bandwidth but it doesnt always stay at -12.5. And the freq is the South Zone of RISCON.

I would like MINIMAL logging and NO recording when program starts.

CG
Forums and Wiki Moderator

Post by CG »

It is much better to learn the program so you can adjust it for your needs. Also, you can then try different options rather than going through Q & A on several different forums.
However, I think your batch file as posted, 1R.bat: DSDPlus -r1 -T -E -Pwav -i20001 >>1R-log.txt would become...

1R.bat: DSDPlus -r1 -T -E -i20001

go to Misc tab in menu and choose "hide all BG events and traffic below monitoring threshold". this should help keep the event log file much smaller.

riskan20

Post by riskan20 »

OK thanks... I am really trying to understand this program but it seems all instructions are scattered and I need step by step from beginning. I finally did get everything working. Some of the instructions tell you WHAT to do but not EXACTLY HOW to. I read those help files dozens of times and still barely understand them. Its confusing cause theres some files with duplicate settings. Basically I listen to a couple P25 systems, and a few DMR and NXDN systems. But trying to find the correct data to edit those files is way too confusing. So I copied and saved ALL important files and put in safe place so I dont have to do this again. I hate bugging people for help but this stuff is like math and I flunked math in high school! I can review the help files again but they are very confusing trying to find EXACTLY what I need. I keep editing files wrong cause there is no order for doing it. The samples aren't much help if I can find site number, network ID's etc. Every protocol has different settings.
Since I got things working finally, I wanted to set this up on a different computer. As backup. So I COPIED the whole DSDPlus Fastlane folder to a USB drive. I plugged in the USB drive and my rtl sdr dongle with a Remtronix Rubber Duck all on spare PC. Its running Win10 with SSD and 16GB RAM. I realized trying to run dsdplus from the USB drive may not work since its on different PC. But here is error I get and no explanation how to solve:

https://imgur.com/a/sahIPXR

1R.bat runs fine but when I run FMP24-CC.bat, I get this error.....I know something needs editing but I don't know where to start. Why does it mention 2 dongles? I only use one. And it says its "in use"....I dont get it. I installed ZADIG previously. The dongle is plugged into top of PC in a USB slot with Remtronix ant. on it. I am using an external sound device, not the on board sound. 1R.bat recognizes it. Maybe there's a log file that I can post to troubleshoot? Thanks for help.

riskan20

Post by riskan20 »

Actually it was the dongle not set right. I set it to -2 and it worked!