Strange overlap

A forum for discussion of the many trunked radio systems in and around our listening area.
IggyWFD

Strange overlap

Post by IggyWFD »

I have been monitoring the CT State PD on the CLMRN system and was surprised to get strong bars here in Northern RI, occasionally I would actually here some troop chatter but I then noticed that they mentioned route 90 & frontage rd and Jamacia Way, I realized that that aint CT area.... After doing a little investigation I was able to see that the CT site I was picking up was designated as troop I. A little more fact finding I see that the frequency 774.58125 control channel for troop I is also a control channel for the 700 Boston overlay system...no wonder i was getting such a strong signal. By the way the CT Troop I site is in New Haven, I know I have a good antenna mounted high up, but its not that good.....lol
John
BC IV, BC H/L, BC210, BC100, BC350A, BC100XLT, 996XT, 396t, 436, HP1, SDS100

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Re: Strange overlap

Post by ecps92 »

The Bands, VHF, UHF, UHF-T and likely 700/800 have been wide open the past few nights, so it could have been the MSP 700 Metro Over Lay site...

Right now VHF is wide open from Georgia [South] to Nova Scotia [North]
and some T-Band users here in New England are experiencing interference today, likely from the NJ and southward TV stations
IggyWFD wrote:
20 May 2021 19:39
I have been monitoring the CT State PD on the CLMRN system and was surprised to get strong bars here in Northern RI, occasionally I would actually here some troop chatter but I then noticed that they mentioned route 90 & frontage rd and Jamacia Way, I realized that that aint CT area.... After doing a little investigation I was able to see that the CT site I was picking up was designated as troop I. A little more fact finding I see that the frequency 774.58125 control channel for troop I is also a control channel for the 700 Boston overlay system...no wonder i was getting such a strong signal. By the way the CT Troop I site is in New Haven, I know I have a good antenna mounted high up, but its not that good.....lol
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

IggyWFD

Re: Strange overlap

Post by IggyWFD »

Thanks Bill, good time to be monitoring different bands to see what pops up
John
BC IV, BC H/L, BC210, BC100, BC350A, BC100XLT, 996XT, 396t, 436, HP1, SDS100