Comtronics MotoTrbo TRS Decoding Project

A forum for discussion of the many trunked radio systems in and around our listening area.
bfrederi

Post by bfrederi »

It's now owned by Boston Harbor Cruises. See their August 4 announcement on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/bostonharborcruises

Scott SNE Webmaster wrote:Talkgroup 125 on Network 139 is definitely "maritime" in nature from past transmissions heard. Today I confirmed the MV Brant Point operating on this TG. Brant Point was formerly a HyLine vessel but appears to be homeported in Boston now. I'm not sure what company owns the vessel but if someone does that would serve to identify this talkgroup, which has become very active as of late. I've been to a few maritime based websites but one indicates that I must be a "premium user" in order to see who owns the ship.

I'm sure a few of you may have the answer to this question.
Bruce
Burlington, MA

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

We need a "like" button on this forum. :)

bfrederi wrote:It's now owned by Boston Harbor Cruises. See their August 4 announcement on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/bostonharborcruises
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

bfrederi

Post by bfrederi »

garys wrote:We need a "like" button on this forum. :)
Attachments
sne_likes.png
Bruce
Burlington, MA

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

It appears that Site 2 (Needham) has dropped Channels 9/10 (938.4125) from the active channels list. Currently, control channel data only shows Channels 1-6. I don't know if this is temporary or if the frequency has been moved to another site.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Re: Comtronics MotoTrbo TRS Decoding Project

Post by garys »

Site 12 is now active with 936.9000 as the control channel. No voice traffic yet and I'm getting the system intermittently. Neighbor sites are Boston, Needham, and Peabody.

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

Heard TG500 on Site 2 tonight. It sounded like a boat in Boston harbor from the locations being discussed. It's possible it's a water shuttle for the Encore in Everett, but I didn't hear enough to be sure.

OceanNora

Post by OceanNora »

Not to bump the thread, but is anyone still trying to nail down TGs on this system? I have a few that I'm reasonably sure of but as with the ICE system I feel that with more input we could conclusively ID more.

I'm fairly sure that TGs 277 and 278 are Graham Waste. 277 is definitely dumpster service, I've heard mentions of a Brockton yard, and truck numbers 77 and 62. 278 discussed routes in Cohasset, Hingham, and Hull. I unfortunately haven't heard any truck numbers so far.

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

I am, but I can mostly only get Abington, Needham and rarely Fall River.

I've identified 277 and 278 as a rubbish/dumpster company, but haven't been able to nail down who. What I've heard matches what you report.

It's a good time to listen as all of those school bus/van companies are silent right now.

I thought 265 was one of those, but they are still active. It sounds more like a senior shuttle service, along the lines of The Ride. Pick ups and drop offs at various locations including a Stop and Shop somewhere.

Eagle Security (210) is active during the evening as are a couple of others.

I'm listening to ICE Foxboro right now, but will get back to Commtronics in a day or so. I have to go out towards Waltham tomorrow and if I remember, I'll bring my laptop and portable SDR set up along and see if I can hear Boston and Woburn.

OceanNora

Post by OceanNora »

I think we can conclusively list 277 and 278 as Graham, I just heard on 277 a truck being told to go to the Newton Yard instead of Brockton.

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

Sounds good. They have several locations, so we might hear Weymouth, Abington, Cohasset, Sandwich, Everett mentioned as well.

MASSBUSMARK
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by MASSBUSMARK »

265 is Metro West Regional Transit Authority in Framingham, listed in the Wiki in June of 2018 from my confirmation. Their fixed route buses were using this TG when I first heard them. The traffic Gary's is describing sounds more like paratransit (door to door) so it's possible both services use the same TG or the fixed route buses may have moved to another TG.
Mark

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

Thanks. I missed that in the Wiki entrance for some reason. I often go by my notes in DSDPlus.groups and sometimes they don't sync up. I haven't heard anything that sounds like a fixed route, but I'll listen a bit more when I have a chance.

MASSBUSMARK wrote:
05 May 2020 20:14
265 is Metro West Regional Transit Authority in Framingham, listed in the Wiki in June of 2018 from my confirmation. Their fixed route buses were using this TG when I first heard them. The traffic Gary's is describing sounds more like paratransit (door to door) so it's possible both services use the same TG or the fixed route buses may have moved to another TG.
Mark

OceanNora

Post by OceanNora »

A few recent confirmations and a note or two:

255 - Royal Taxi Revere. I found this years ago, I guess I just forgot to submit, it my bad.

320 - VPNE Parking Shuttles Boston (does the International Design Building and Channel Center to North and South Stations)

210 - I see this listed as Eagle Investigations out of Methuen. I hear them ID as "Eagle Base" and the units as "Eagle x" but I'm wondering if it might be Elite Protective Services instead. I see them all over town including in areas where I've heard the users on this TG call off at (the self-storage by South Bay, Newbury Street, Fort Point, etc) whereas I've never seen Eagle anywhere. If I hear them call off where I always see them then I think we can conclusively ID them.

211 - Definitely the same user as 210 (whether it's Elite or Eagle), I heard the base refer to themselves as "Delta Base," but the unit refer to themselves as "Eagle x."

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

That's entirely possible. Someone asked me about Elite a couple of years ago. He noted no radios in the vehicles that he saw. He lives in Boston and has a DMR capable radio. I'll ask him to listen in and try to make a positive ID. I have a few hits on 211, but haven't heard audio. The Eagle ID was based on the unit call signs.

I also have a note on 208 as "New England Security," but haven't had a hit on that since June of 2018. Again, it might be because it's they don't hit the Needham or Abington sites.

I'll update 255 and 320.

Thanks, nice work.
OceanNora wrote:
06 May 2020 14:05
A few recent confirmations and a note or two:

255 - Royal Taxi Revere. I found this years ago, I guess I just forgot to submit, it my bad.

320 - VPNE Parking Shuttles Boston (does the International Design Building and Channel Center to North and South Stations)

210 - I see this listed as Eagle Investigations out of Methuen. I hear them ID as "Eagle Base" and the units as "Eagle x" but I'm wondering if it might be Elite Protective Services instead. I see them all over town including in areas where I've heard the users on this TG call off at (the self-storage by South Bay, Newbury Street, Fort Point, etc) whereas I've never seen Eagle anywhere. If I hear them call off where I always see them then I think we can conclusively ID them.

211 - Definitely the same user as 210 (whether it's Elite or Eagle), I heard the base refer to themselves as "Delta Base," but the unit refer to themselves as "Eagle x."

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

That's entirely possible. Someone asked me about Elite a couple of years ago. He noted no radios in the vehicles that he saw. He lives in Boston and has a DMR capable radio. I'll ask him to listen in and try to make a positive ID. I have a few hits on 211, but haven't heard audio. The Eagle ID was based on the unit call signs.

I also have a note on 208 as "New England Security," but haven't had a hit on that since June of 2018. Again, it might be because it's they don't hit the Needham or Abington sites.

I'll update 255 and 320.

Do you have sites used for these?

Thanks, nice work.

OceanNora

Post by OceanNora »

Thanks, I only pick up Site 1 so all confirmations and reconfirmations are on that. Regarding reconfirmations, you can add reconfirmations of 100-104 for the respective Paul Revere TGs. I believe TG 105 is also Paul Revere UMass shuttles, but obviously with no kids traffic is way down.

TG 210 very well could be Eagle, I just have never seen their vehicles/people in Boston and Elite jibes with what I've seen around. I think more listening to that and 211 is definitely in order. New England Security is TG208 but on the ICE system. I don't hear them as often as I used to but I believe I heard them within the past 2 months or so on there. They sounded like they used the TG for more of a talkaround between supervisors (admin/ragchew) rather than what we'd consider dispatch.

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

Hopefully my friend will give us some better information on 210 and 211.

Oddly, I have 208 on both ICE and Commtronics in my notes. Definitely a typo on my part, thanks.

I'll do the reconfirmations on the Paul Revere TGs.

I forget where you are, but if it's north of Boston, do you pick up the Woburn site?
OceanNora wrote:
06 May 2020 17:59
Thanks, I only pick up Site 1 so all confirmations and reconfirmations are on that. Regarding reconfirmations, you can add reconfirmations of 100-104 for the respective Paul Revere TGs. I believe TG 105 is also Paul Revere UMass shuttles, but obviously with no kids traffic is way down.

TG 210 very well could be Eagle, I just have never seen their vehicles/people in Boston and Elite jibes with what I've seen around. I think more listening to that and 211 is definitely in order. New England Security is TG208 but on the ICE system. I don't hear them as often as I used to but I believe I heard them within the past 2 months or so on there. They sounded like they used the TG for more of a talkaround between supervisors (admin/ragchew) rather than what we'd consider dispatch.

OceanNora

Post by OceanNora »

I live right by Logan, I thought I had tried the Woburn site but I don't have it plugged in. I'll have to give it a try and see what happens. I know I don't get Needham, Abington, or Peabody for that matter.

A few more notes -

TG288 - I have notes from the winter for plowing, and then more recent notes suggesting they're also a dumpster company. I heard them mention 50 yarders, Resco, and laughing as a Jetaway and WM driver cut each other off in line. It sounds north of Boston (mentioning Resco, Memorial Drive, and Stoneham), and truck numbers mentioned include 28, 42, and 47.

TG 436 - appears to be security of some sort. "Control to unit 6, 2840 please"

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

Woburn seems to have pretty good coverage even thought I can't hear it south of Boston.

436 might be Ware Security in Boston.
OceanNora wrote:
06 May 2020 19:53
I live right by Logan, I thought I had tried the Woburn site but I don't have it plugged in. I'll have to give it a try and see what happens. I know I don't get Needham, Abington, or Peabody for that matter.

A few more notes -

TG288 - I have notes from the winter for plowing, and then more recent notes suggesting they're also a dumpster company. I heard them mention 50 yarders, Resco, and laughing as a Jetaway and WM driver cut each other off in line. It sounds north of Boston (mentioning Resco, Memorial Drive, and Stoneham), and truck numbers mentioned include 28, 42, and 47.

TG 436 - appears to be security of some sort. "Control to unit 6, 2840 please"

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

I decided to listen to Site 3 Abington for a bit. I'm hearing T 410 with what sounds like a delivery service. Addresses in Revere, Winthrop, and Malden so far. Oddly, the dispatcher sounds like she's also out in a van making deliveries while she dispatches and gives directions to the other units.

OceanNora

Post by OceanNora »

I've also started hearing TG 410 with similar traffic. It's definitely in my area, I'm trying to figure out who it may be as I hear more. I plugged in the 2 known freqs in for Site 12 and I'm successfully receiving it but I don't see any TGs I wasn't already getting yet.

I fat-fingered TG435, I still haven't heard any addresses that clue me in as to who it is but I assume you have some inside info on it.

TG508 is also some sort of security. I heard units 504, 201, and mentions of doing "Code-19s" on Washington St and Copeland St. Base ID's as Operations.

TG288 has mentioned a lot of other companies so I can safely say they are NOT JRM, Waste Management, or Jet-A-Way. They're based somewhere north of Boston

TG210 I'm more and more certain is Elite, I heard them ejecting people from the front of Trinity Church and Elite has a photo of their officers doing the same thing about a year and a half ago. By extension TG211 is one of theirs as well.

TG440 is the only one I've conclusively ID'ed recently, that's the Irving Oil Terminal in Revere.

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

TG436 is an educated guess based on a conversation with a friend.

I'll add those other TGs with the information that we have. Maybe someone else will pop in with updates. I'll add Site 1 for TG410, which makes more sense than Abington.

There's less in the way of overlap than ICE, but it's a smaller system by far. They may have a site in Holyoke from license data, but I have to go back and try to find the frequencies again.

TG 508 is likely someone in Boston. Code 19 is a BPD code for Stop, Walk, and Talk. One of the Washington Streets in Boston runs through Roxbury and Copeland Street runs off of Warren. I'll have to add some of these in for the occasions I get within range of the Boston site.
OceanNora wrote:
08 May 2020 14:09
I've also started hearing TG 410 with similar traffic. It's definitely in my area, I'm trying to figure out who it may be as I hear more. I plugged in the 2 known freqs in for Site 12 and I'm successfully receiving it but I don't see any TGs I wasn't already getting yet.

I fat-fingered TG435, I still haven't heard any addresses that clue me in as to who it is but I assume you have some inside info on it.

TG508 is also some sort of security. I heard units 504, 201, and mentions of doing "Code-19s" on Washington St and Copeland St. Base ID's as Operations.

TG288 has mentioned a lot of other companies so I can safely say they are NOT JRM, Waste Management, or Jet-A-Way. They're based somewhere north of Boston

TG210 I'm more and more certain is Elite, I heard them ejecting people from the front of Trinity Church and Elite has a photo of their officers doing the same thing about a year and a half ago. By extension TG211 is one of theirs as well.

TG440 is the only one I've conclusively ID'ed recently, that's the Irving Oil Terminal in Revere.

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

TG 210 confirmed as Elite. "Eagle" unit arrived on scene at alarm and BPD unit reported Elite on scene.

OceanNora

Post by OceanNora »

With those types of companies, it feels like monitoring Boston simultaneously is the way to go. I think that's how we ID'ed Longwood as well.

306 - Some sort of utility/steam based in Boston, possibly Veolia (now Vicinity) Energy. I've heard manhole 147 at Huntington & W Newton St needing a pump-out, lbs of pressure. I've also heard "On Atlantic, heading towards the shop," and Elkin St mentioned several times, which is where Veolia/Vicinity is based.

362 - Sunoco Logistics East Boston Terminal

406- BIDMC Parking Shuttles

410 - I've heard them talking about putting their bus signs down so they're probably a school van operator who's reoriented themselves to do food delivery. I'll have to pay more attention to who I see driving by in my neck of the woods.

518 - Construction at Logan, they've mentioned valves and pipes, Massport Water, and the tower. They've also mentioned ductwork and pile trucks.

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

Back when I worked night downtown we'd see the Veola trucks at their work sites downtown. They do something with the steam that is (or at least was) piped through the Kneeland St and Atlantic Ave area. If that's them, then listening after midnight might give more information. That's if you want to stay up that late. ;)

You may be right about 410. If people aren't moving kids around to school, they might be delivering meals for the school system. A lot of kids get free lunches from their schools, so there might be that sort of thing going on.

There's always some sort of construction going at Logan. On my last trip through there back in January there was an outside construction project going on near the cell phone lot. It's on the secure side so I couldn't see too much of what was going on.

I'll add these to the Wiki with notes about the probable users.

OceanNora wrote:
09 May 2020 11:31
With those types of companies, it feels like monitoring Boston simultaneously is the way to go. I think that's how we ID'ed Longwood as well.

306 - Some sort of utility/steam based in Boston, possibly Veolia (now Vicinity) Energy. I've heard manhole 147 at Huntington & W Newton St needing a pump-out, lbs of pressure. I've also heard "On Atlantic, heading towards the shop," and Elkin St mentioned several times, which is where Veolia/Vicinity is based.

362 - Sunoco Logistics East Boston Terminal

406- BIDMC Parking Shuttles

410 - I've heard them talking about putting their bus signs down so they're probably a school van operator who's reoriented themselves to do food delivery. I'll have to pay more attention to who I see driving by in my neck of the woods.

518 - Construction at Logan, they've mentioned valves and pipes, Massport Water, and the tower. They've also mentioned ductwork and pile trucks.