Another mystery Cap+ system.

A forum for discussion of the many trunked radio systems in and around our listening area.
garys

Another mystery Cap+ system.

#1 Post by garys » 01 Nov 2017 00:41

While trying to track one system, I came across another new Cap+ system. This one is a bit odd in how it's identified.

464.3000 Channel 1/2
464.1500 Channel 3/4

CC 7, identifies as Site 5.
Both frequencies are common business channels, which might be why the system is configured this way.

464.1500 is licensed to Stonehill College, but not as a repeater.
464.3000 is licensed to AD Fillebrown, who owns a good sized tower in Abington, about 4 air miles from my house.
Stonehill is about a mile by air from my house.

I checked the other Stonehill frequencies as listed in the Wiki, but there was no activity. Power is not overwhelming, but if it's designed to cover the campus, that makes sense.

TG are 3, 4, and 100. The audio on 464.300 is pretty muddy, but clearer on 464.150.

The traffic I heard referred to "campus" so it might be Stonehill. It does not appear that campus police are on this system, but are still on their analog channel.

I'm going to listen some more and try to figure out who is who.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

ecps92

#2 Post by ecps92 » 01 Nov 2017 06:12

I'd be looking more MetroWest
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSear ... ToReturn=1
Milford, Franklin, Southboro

Especially with the Campus being Simplex, or widen you search into Southern NH

Speaking of Stonehill, did they ever Re-Band the 800 Channel or abandon that??
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

garys

#3 Post by garys » 01 Nov 2017 10:28

That's interesting, thanks. The frequencies for Southboro fit the bill. I'll have to see if I can get anything on the other frequencies. Southern NH is not a good shot for me as a rule, with Big Blue being in the way.

Did you mean Stonehill or Easton? They abandoned their 800Mhz PD channel some time back. After they moved to UHF, they left it up as a simulcast, but it's been off the air for a few years now.

ecps92 wrote:I'd be looking more MetroWest
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSear ... ToReturn=1
Milford, Franklin, Southboro

Especially with the Campus being Simplex, or widen you search into Southern NH

Speaking of Stonehill, did they ever Re-Band the 800 Channel or abandon that??
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

ecps92

#4 Post by ecps92 » 01 Nov 2017 14:59

Keep forgetting your blocked by GBH, where-as over here, clear shot into SoNH and SoME

the College, it looked like the license was still Active
garys wrote:That's interesting, thanks. The frequencies for Southboro fit the bill. I'll have to see if I can get anything on the other frequencies. Southern NH is not a good shot for me as a rule, with Big Blue being in the way.

Did you mean Stonehill or Easton? They abandoned their 800Mhz PD channel some time back. After they moved to UHF, they left it up as a simulcast, but it's been off the air for a few years now.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

garys

#5 Post by garys » 01 Nov 2017 16:19

The license is still active for the college, but I haven't heard anything else on the frequency besides the Cap+ system. Nothing on any of the other frequencies either, except the police. Which is still analog, and that makes sense.

As to the frequencies you linked to, the only ones that I could receive are on the Southboro site. Which is the furthest from me. I'd think that I'd be able to get the other two sites if they were active. Maybe they aren't built yet. Something to check on in the future.

ecps92 wrote:Keep forgetting your blocked by GBH, where-as over here, clear shot into SoNH and SoME

the College, it looked like the license was still Active

garys

#6 Post by garys » 27 Dec 2017 19:43

Doing some more listening with the new version of DSD+. This system now lists 9994-1 and 9994-3 as neighbors. Which sort of brings me back to EMC. More listening during business hours is in order.