RDC Network 178 official thread.

A forum for discussion of the many trunked radio systems in and around our listening area.
garys
Forums and Wiki Moderator

Re: RDC Network 178 official thread.

Post by garys »

Thanks for the updates, Wiki updated.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

n1riw

Post by n1riw »

TG 3201 TowBoat US or Seatow rebroadcast of VHF channel 06

TG 50308 Dennis Beach Department "Dennis base to West Dennis Beach"

garys

Post by garys »

Wiki updated. Thanks.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

riskan20

Post by riskan20 »

HI,
I am trying to get the Fall River site working from here. I was able to get the CC 451.20625 809 And some other freqs in the list showed up.
Image Image
I did hear some very garbled audio. For some reason I keep losing control channel. I have a decent signal though. Using discone. Look at pic showing in GREEN "Group call; TG=1501 RID=1542 CH=811. I looked up TG: 1501 D StatNEChair 1501 Stat New England Chair Cars So I must be still missing something. I have GAIN set at the highest level 49.6. Less than that will not connect to CC. New to this sdr stuff so maybe you guys can look at the screen shots and get some information out of it.

garys

Post by garys »

The only other active Channel is 811. You don't have that in your DSDPlus.frequencies file. The frequency is on the Wiki page for the system.

riskan20

Post by riskan20 »

garys wrote:
11 Sep 2020 13:43
The only other active Channel is 811. You don't have that in your DSDPlus.frequencies file. The frequency is on the Wiki page for the system.
OK fixed that and it seems to be working. So they are only using 2 freqs? Thanks for the help!

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

For that site, at this time, Yes only two Frequencies.
Subject to change [anytime] after this post is made
riskan20 wrote:
11 Sep 2020 18:49
OK fixed that and it seems to be working. So they are only using 2 freqs? Thanks for the help!
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

garys

Post by garys »

Channel 483 461.0250 is now active on Site 10 (Brockton).

TG 3600 is a school bus service. Only one bus heard so far.

I'll update the Wiki when it's back on line.

garys

Post by garys »

I'm working on setting up my SDS200 to use Location Based Scanning for a couple of trunked networks in the area. I did ICE a while ago, although I've revised it a couple of times.

Today, I started working on RDC Communications today and started entering Lat Long for each site. I found out that the RRDB is incomplete, so I did an FCC search.

There was really only one surprise, which is that the Boston site is licensed to Bear Communications, not RDC Communications.

I might be the last one to know that, but it was a bit of a surprise.

Also, there seems to be an error in the Orleans Site. 460.5750 shows a LCN of 575. It should be 447 according to the Channel Number Calculator. I'll wait for someone to confirm that with over the air monitoring before I change it.

I have a spread sheet with the Lat long for all of the sites. That includes Paxton, which might well not be on line.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll attach it as a PDF.

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

The 178 Wiki can use some updates

Site 2 in Mashpee - in need of Neighbors
Site 7 in Wellfleet - in need of Neighbors

thanks in advance
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

n1riw

Post by n1riw »

Almost time for me to depart the region for a while...

After drilling down on the new license, I found the Ptown site is licensed to 227 Route 6. This is the address for Cape Cod Oil
I am 99% that TG 1100 is Cape Cod Oil. Lots of Ptown and Truro addresses. Haven't physically seen them at a given address but
pretty sure I saw a UHF antenna on one of their vehicles. (They had been 152.930 and 153.005 VHF High)
I'm going to attach a photo of what I believe is the antenna for the Ptown site.

The Wellfleet site is at 2238 Route 6. This address is Shepley's wholesale plant.

Note that in addition to TG 1100, I have heard 2200 and 2600 on Ptown a couple of times...I suspect one of them may be Shepley's
but I guess that's for next years foxhunt. I'm guessing there must be some deal worked out with Cape Cod Oil and Shepley's to host sites
out here...maybe for reduced usage rates or something?
rdc ptown ant.jpg
rdc ptown ant.jpg (179.3 KiB) Viewed 317 times

Mark SNE Moderator

Post by Mark SNE Moderator »

I can confirm talk group 3601 on this system is Falmouth School Buses. Comms this morning mentioned the Lawrence school, which is on Lakeview Ave, and Woods Hole Road. It's listed in the wiki as First Student school bus/Sandwich schools. Re-confirming that talk group 3602 is Sandwich school buses.
Mark,

Scan New England Moderator

Mark SNE Moderator

Post by Mark SNE Moderator »

I can also confirm talk group 4001 is Range Control at Joint Base Cape Cod, I caught a transmission today where they Identified themselves as Range Control.
Mark,

Scan New England Moderator

Scott
Site Administrator

Post by Scott »

Mark SNE Moderator wrote:
14 Oct 2020 20:26
I can also confirm talk group 4001 is Range Control at Joint Base Cape Cod, I caught a transmission today where they Identified themselves as Range Control.
4001 through 4005 (or maybe it's 4004) is related to this activity. I "think" this is the pollution plume cleanup crew or something similar.
Scott
SNE Maintenance/Janitor/Fixer of "Things"

garys

Post by garys »

The TG/UID line seems to be murky in NXDN systems.

If you look at Stat New England on the RDC system, 1500 is the ambulance TG, and 1501 is the chair car TG. 1510 is the UID of dispatch for ambulance and 1514 is the UID for chair car dispatch. Individual units are in the 15xx range.

It's easy, at least early on I found it easy, to confuse them and list UIDs as TGs. Fortunately, DSDPlus helps by displaying Alias.

4001 might be Range Control, or might be someone talking to Range Control and Range Control might have a radio to talk to the contractor.

garys

Post by garys »

Well, here's a surprise. Site 14 RAN 14 Channel 819 463.91875 That's the control channel.

Neighbor sites are 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Call sign is WRJI242 licensed to RDC Communications with the site at 117 Grove Street, Marshfield. There are two towers there licensed to Marshfield Broadcasting Company. That's the official name of WATD radio.

The two other frequencies are

I'll work on the Wiki after I get DSDPlus set up and do some listening.

garys

Post by garys »

I've updated the Wiki page with the Channel Numbers for the two other frequencies.

Also if anyone is using Location Based Scanning the Lat/Long is 42.110833/-70.704167.

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

RDC was bought out by BearCom, and so the wiki page has been renamed from RDC Communications to BearCom RDC Trunk.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast - Municipal Fire Alarm Collector
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me.

garys

Post by garys »

Interesting. I wonder if this has anything to do with the frequency changes and addition of Site 14? Maybe BearcCom will more aggressively market the UHF trunk network.
W1KNE wrote:
13 Feb 2021 05:41
RDC was bought out by BearCom, and so the wiki page has been renamed from RDC Communications to BearCom RDC Trunk.