MSP Troop F-Logan

A forum for discussion of the many trunked radio systems in and around our listening area.
scannermaster

MSP Troop F-Logan

Post by scannermaster »

Troop F, at least their primary COMIRS talkgroup, if not all their talkgroups, are now encrypted.

Lex998

Re: MSP Troop F-Logan

Post by Lex998 »

I’m still getting F-PTL-1 in the clear on both the P25 Logan site (TG 67 and 2087 patched) and on Zone 1 (TG 33392) of the analog system. I do notice that F-PTL-1 is sometimes simulcast on encrypted TG 323.
Mark

scannermaster

Post by scannermaster »

My apologies if I got that wrong or have only been listening that that talkgroup you referenced that has been using encryption. I’ll keep monitoring and will check out those other IDs. Thank you.

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

Topic moved for now

Rich - since there are two F-PTL-1's (Massport) and (MSP) it would be helpful to always include the TG#'s as well
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

scannermaster

Post by scannermaster »

I'm now receiving traffic from 2087 only, perhaps as mentioned 67 is patched into it. Apparently I had stopped receiving these as I had these talkgroups originally received from the Metro Boston Overlay -- and it had been working fine. It appears now that they're only received on the Logan/Massport site, but again maybe there's something else I'm missing or doing wrong here.

scannermaster

Post by scannermaster »

Bill, when you say there's two F-Patrol-1s, are you referring to TG 153, Massport Police, as an F-Patrol-1 channel? Massport PD is a separate non-State Police department that focuses on the maritime ports as I understood it.

Lex998

Post by Lex998 »

Rich - I just checked the Massport Logan site on my 436. I’m receiving F-PTL-1 on both talkgroups 67 and 2087. I am also receiving F-PTL-1 using sdrtrunk on the Massport Logan site and it shows the two talkgroups are patched. I have not seen F-PTL-1 on the Metro Boston Overlay site recently (at least not on a regular basis).
Mark

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

From our monitoring experience and history
Yes there are and have been two different F-PTL-1's

From the Analog Days when it was two different systems we had
F-PTL-1 (1072) was a Massport TG on the old Massport (063E) system - only Troopers who worked /assigned to Massport had that TG
F-PTL-1 (33392) was a (0D14) TG to allow Troopers on details to talk to the FHQ Desk

Now with Massport being on the CoMIRS we have (all subject to changes as the entire system migrates to P25)
F-PTL-1 (33392 Analog / 2087 Digital) for the Troopers not assigned to Massport and use the 0D14
F-PTL-1 (1072 Analog / 67 Digital) for the Troopers assigned to FHQ

The patch comes and goes, based on some prior reports - not always seen/heard and may vary by Site/Zone

And None of these State Police TG's mentioned have any bearing on the Massport Police, whose alpha tags would likely begin as "MPA Police"

Hope this helps.
scannermaster wrote:
09 May 2022 12:20
Bill, when you say there's two F-Patrol-1s, are you referring to TG 153, Massport Police, as an F-Patrol-1 channel? Massport PD is a separate non-State Police department that focuses on the maritime ports as I understood it.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

scannermaster

Post by scannermaster »

Thanks very much Bill

ScanBoston
Forums and Wiki Moderator

Post by ScanBoston »

What I have always noticed when in range of the Massport system as that with all the door checks and more that it is a very active channel. Where the one sometimes heard on site 1 and 700 is not. I have never been sure what the differences were affiliation or different talk group but the one on the Massport system never stops.

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

Correct the one on the Massport and 700 site is for the troopers assigned to Logan
the other F-PTL-1 is/was for those Not regularly assigned there, but who may from time-time Work a detail and need communication with FHQ
rather than going in , signing out a spare radio those troopers would use the ole 0D14 F-PTL-1

keep in mind an Alpha Tag is just a name, always best to reference the actual TG being heard.
ScanBoston wrote:
10 May 2022 08:04
What I have always noticed when in range of the Massport system as that with all the door checks and more that it is a very active channel. Where the one sometimes heard on site 1 and 700 is not. I have never been sure what the differences were affiliation or different talk group but the one on the Massport system never stops.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies

jrm3607

Post by jrm3607 »

I would say at least 90 percent of the Troopers I run into now have APX portables with the digital Massport system in it now. The mobiles on the otherhand are for the vast magority still the old analog only MCS radios, which is where the analog F-PTL-1 patch still comes into play.

As far as the 700 system, I don't regularly hear MSP Troop F come across that site on a normal bases, typically just TG67 F-PTL-1 on the Massport Site and TG33392 F-PTL-1 on Analog Zone 1.

And just too add onto what was already said TG153 Massport Police 1 (Which is heard both on Massport and the 700) is a totally seperate agency that has nothing to do with Logan. :beer: