Couple of North Shore area freq questions

Discussion forum for scanning Eastern Massachusetts, including Norfolk, Suffolk, Middlesex, and Essex counties, as well as the greater Boston metropolitan area.
scannermaster

Couple of North Shore area freq questions

#1 Post by scannermaster » 05 Aug 2019 22:58

I copied 151.985 DMR CC1, very strong in the Beverly area. Primarily security and they mentioned an ambulance bay so I assume it's one of the hospitals in the area. Did not see anything on it in the Wiki. Possible Children's Hospital in the Peabody area? If someone else could take a listen...

Also, I'm trying to find the freq for the Liberty Tree Mall security. Have not heard anything on what is listed on the Wiki. Have heard some DMR but doesn't sound like the mall.

And I'm trying to find the Lahey Clinic security frequency. I believe they moved off of what's listed on the Wiki, maybe to DMR, but really not sure.

Thanks very much.

OceanNora

Re: Couple of North Shore area freq questions

#2 Post by OceanNora » 06 Aug 2019 00:04

Interesting that you heard 151.9850 loud in clear in Beverly, are you working off of an external antenna? I hear it with a very poor signal not far from Logan but with transmissions (not to mention the fact that the license location is Children's Boston) that seem more to do with the Boston Hospital. I've heard things like shuttle operations to the Emmanuel Garage, "11'O'Clock leaving Children's Way to Renaissance," both of which point to the Longwood campus.

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

#3 Post by ecps92 » 06 Aug 2019 06:31

151.9850 is In the wiki as:
Phillips-Exeter Academy 151.9850 R C01 Exeter TG: 1000 - Campus Security WQBX513 2018.04.06 LTE4NFD
Phillips-Exeter Academy 151.9850 R C01 Exeter TG: 2000 - Need to ID Users WQBX513 2018.04.06 LTE4NFD
https://www.scan-ne.net/wiki/index.php? ... io_Systems
scannermaster wrote:
05 Aug 2019 22:58
I copied 151.985 DMR CC1, very strong in the Beverly area. Primarily security and they mentioned an ambulance bay so I assume it's one of the hospitals in the area. Did not see anything on it in the Wiki. Possible Children's Hospital in the Peabody area? If someone else could take a listen...

Also, I'm trying to find the freq for the Liberty Tree Mall security. Have not heard anything on what is listed on the Wiki. Have heard some DMR but doesn't sound like the mall.

And I'm trying to find the Lahey Clinic security frequency. I believe they moved off of what's listed on the Wiki, maybe to DMR, but really not sure.

Thanks very much.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

#4 Post by W1KNE » 06 Aug 2019 15:00

scannermaster wrote:
05 Aug 2019 22:58
I copied 151.985 DMR CC1, .... Did not see anything on it in the Wiki. Possible Children's Hospital in the Peabody area? If someone else could take a listen...
Rich

Just an FYI, when you search in the wiki, you have to put the 4th digit as zero into the search. 151.985 won't give you search results, but 151.9850 will. It's a known bug in MediaWiki. There supposedly is a fix for it, but it requires a bunch of changes that could easily break it.

-- Mike
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.

scannermaster

#5 Post by scannermaster » 06 Aug 2019 19:24

Thanks Mike. Will definitely remember that.

Rich

scannermaster

#6 Post by scannermaster » 06 Aug 2019 19:32

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts on this. At first I too thought it was Phillips Exeter Academy but as Ocean Nora wrote all these other place names indicated otherwise. I'm working off a 70' tower with a VHF gain stick so it's not surprising I'm getting great signal and by what Ocean Nora wrote it sounds like it is Children's Boston. I now see it's in the Wiki so that has to be it.

Appreciate your help still with the Liberty Tree Mall and Lahey if anyone knows. Thanks again.

Rich

scannermaster

#7 Post by scannermaster » 06 Aug 2019 22:52

Another North Shore question as well. I've been trying to receive Northeast Ambulance on the County Communications LTR system. I haven't heard anything. Does anyone know if that's still active? I see it in the Wiki and on RadioReference (under Essex County Communications) and the SNE wiki has one additional channel as compared to RadioRef. But I just wonder if Northeast is still really using this old-style system. Thanks.

Medic Responder

#8 Post by Medic Responder » 13 Aug 2019 22:08

Northeast Regional Ambulance has switched to a NEXEDGE system. They are on the Georgetown site on this system: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=10309
They have kept the analog system as a backup.
Gabriel Ricker

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

#9 Post by garys » 14 Aug 2019 19:50

I've been listening to this system trying to track down who is on TG 600. Someone some time back said it might be Pulse EMS, but there isn't enough traffic to be sure. I'll continue to listen when I'm in range to see who is on TG 600 and if Northeast Regional is on a different TG.
Medic Responder wrote:
13 Aug 2019 22:08
Northeast Regional Ambulance has switched to a NEXEDGE system. They are on the Georgetown site on this system: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=10309
They have kept the analog system as a backup.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.