North Station Tickets Frequency

Discussion forum for scanning Eastern Massachusetts, including Norfolk, Suffolk, Middlesex, and Essex counties, as well as the greater Boston metropolitan area.
gil_ford

North Station Tickets Frequency

Post by gil_ford »

Hi,
Do you happen to know what freq. the people who check tickets at the exits (North Station) use?

Thanks.

RadiomanRick

Re: North Station Tickets Frequency

Post by RadiomanRick »

Hi ,
The frequency used is 160.470 MHz , Carrier Squelch.
The channel name / alpha tag is " Utility 024 ".
Sincerely ,
Rick Towle
Lead Radio Maintainer
Keolis Commuter Service
Rick
Norton, MA

gil_ford

Post by gil_ford »

Hi Rick,
What model Icom portables are the Keolis conductors using? Thanks.
Also, one of the conductors on the Wachusett line wants to know if you can assign PL tones to prevent interference from the Lowell line in some areas. (I told her that I doubted it but I would ask.)

RadiomanRick

Post by RadiomanRick »

Hi ,
For portables , we use Icom models F3161DT and F3261DT. There are still a lot of Motorola HT-1250's in service ,
but their numbers are declining.
Mobiles are Icom F5061D , Motorola CM300 and M1225's , with the Motorolas being on the decline.
As far as using PL tones , that was looked at …... , but for several reasons its not feasible.
The better solution would be a new channel for the Keolis dispatched portion of the Fitchburg line ……
That is a > possibility < in the future , as we are in the process of reprogramming all the mobiles and portables systemwide.
A channel has been licensed , and included , but is not used for that purpose , as of now. ( AAR Ch.057 / 160.965 MHz )
The new program also includes a replacement channel for the east end of the Southampton Street Yard , related areas ,
as well as the territory controlled by the Amtrak Dorchester Dispatcher.
This is currently conducted on AAR Ch.092 / 161.490 MHz.
The new channel will be AAR Ch.063 / 161.055 MHz.
The exact cut-over date is still being worked out.
Sincerely ,
Rick Towle
Lead Radio Maintainer
Keolis Commuter Services
Rick
Norton, MA