Marathon Frequencies (originally posted in 1st night Boston 2020)

Discussion forum for scanning Eastern Massachusetts, including Norfolk, Suffolk, Middlesex, and Essex counties, as well as the greater Boston metropolitan area.
N1chu

Marathon Frequencies (originally posted in 1st night Boston 2020)

Post by N1chu »

JR,

While it may be true, most people in the area already have frequencies for the marathon because the frequencies used are for the most part, used routinely throughout the year, it doesn’t help those who are not local to the area. I too would like to request a list of frequencies for the marathon because I have (first time) signed up to volunteer this year to help as an amateur radio operator. We will be advised of the various amateur frequencies/repeaters to be used by mid March so we can program our radios. (I gather there is a small amount of amateur DMR being used also.) I would also like to program my SDS200 and SDS100 with the local, state and federal agencies. But as I have stated, I’m not a local. I’m from central Ct. A “Favorites List” for the SDS’s would be ideal. Does anybody have one they will share? If not, I will make due with a simple listing of frequencies, PL’s, DPL’s, NACS, for the conventional stuff and the names of the trunked systems and what TG’s are being used that I can download or manually program into my SDS’s.

Thank you for any help in advance.
Bill
Hartford County, CT

pete
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Re: 1st night boston 2020

Post by pete »

With all due respect to the above poster, a simple search of the forums for "Boston Marathon" would have found all the information you needed instead of asking in this thread titled "1st night Boston". Not the same event. Here's the link to last years Marathon thread.
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=40917&p=147218&hil ... on#p147144
Pete :Pats: :sox: :Bruins:
never forget W6 & 343 & C9

N1chu

Re: 1st night boston 2020

Post by N1chu »

Sorry for what you think was a mistake. I was on what I thought was the 2020 marathon board and read a post that said the same freqs were used for most all major events. It went so far as to list the URL’s for other events so I picked on a recient event which happened to be this one. Sorry abt forgetting to go back to the first board before I posted my request. But thanks for the new link.
Bill
Hartford County, CT

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Re: Marathon Frequencies (originally posted in 1st night Boston 2020)

Post by W1KNE »

This question has been answered in the link Pete posted, The topic will end here.

Thanks.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.