Larger LTR or Dana Farber Transport

Discussion forum for scanning Eastern Massachusetts, including Norfolk, Suffolk, Middlesex, and Essex counties, as well as the greater Boston metropolitan area.
ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Larger LTR or Dana Farber Transport

Post by ecps92 »

C:07 SL:1 TG: 111 - Ambulance or Medical Transport ?

Was thinking Dana Farber or part of Dispatch Communications moving from Analog to DMR

Dana Farber - 2 Freqs for those with DMR to listen to
https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSea ... ToReturn=1

Dispatch Communications for Waltham
https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSea ... ToReturn=1
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

OceanNora

Re: Larger LTR or Dana Farber Transport

Post by OceanNora »

I don't have that particular frequency in my notes for the Dana's Capacity Plus, but the Color Code matches. I have TG111 listed in my notes as Security Dispatch, is it possible that's what you're hearing?

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

Since [as you and some other know] I don't do DMR or have a DMR Radio
I was working on some SS Hosp stuff and heard it off in the distance and asked someone else to Monitor it..

The two options were Dana or Dispatch based on the emissions.
Guess the two Dana channels need some DMR monitoring now

thanks
OceanNora wrote:
30 Mar 2020 16:04
I don't have that particular frequency in my notes for the Dana's Capacity Plus, but the Color Code matches. I have TG111 listed in my notes as Security Dispatch, is it possible that's what you're hearing?
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

ecps92 wrote:
30 Mar 2020 19:07
I don't do DMR or have a DMR Radio
I am going to start a fundraising campaign to have SNEs users get you a SDS100 with DMR!

;)
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

The license information on the FCC page indicates that the frequencies will be used for security at the hospital. The transmitter seems to be on the building, so that makes sense.

Dana Farber is an outpatient only facility. Transport would be mostly a matter of moving patients around in the building, and probably not all that often. I brought a friend there for treatment when she was battling Lung Cancer. She walked in, got chemo, walked out. Any patients needing to be admitted go over to the Brigham.

With the low power of the base station, getting closer in or somewhere with a good line of site would be helpful. I'd be shocked if I could here them down here.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

OceanNora

Post by OceanNora »

The Dana is now using a Capacity Plus system, I know that one other user (I think N1RIW) was trying to figure it out as well. So far we've determined the frequencies have a Color Code of 7. I've found 461.3750 (with the 436 giving me a LCN of 1), 461.5375 (with a given LCN of 2), and 463.4875 (Unk LCN) all in use. I don't get the best reception of it from my house, but it comes in strong every so often. I've seen 7 talkgroups in use and have managed to ID 111 as Security and 114 as Parking.

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

What do you have so far, for the Wiki to be updated, as the last was from the Analog Days
https://www.scan-ne.net/wiki/index.php? ... _Hospitals
OceanNora wrote:
31 Mar 2020 01:01
The Dana is now using a Capacity Plus system, I know that one other user (I think N1RIW) was trying to figure it out as well. So far we've determined the frequencies have a Color Code of 7. I've found 461.3750 (with the 436 giving me a LCN of 1), 461.5375 (with a given LCN of 2), and 463.4875 (Unk LCN) all in use. I don't get the best reception of it from my house, but it comes in strong every so often. I've seen 7 talkgroups in use and have managed to ID 111 as Security and 114 as Parking.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

463.4875 is licensed to Dana Farber under WQKQ706 and 461.8625 under WQGP361. 463.4625 under WQIY385.

I don't know if the last two are in use for something else.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

OceanNora

Post by OceanNora »

I've been monitoring 463.4625 pretty extensively over the past 6 months or so trying to pin down the users. I'm about 95% sure Dana Farber isn't currently using it or if it is not as part of the Cap Plus system. I have a feeling I'm missing at least a frequency or two but I'll add what I have to the Submit Data forum. I'll try out the other frequencies licensed to them over the next few days.

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

Thanks for your efforts, I am sure there are plenty of others out there as well, just waiting to be found [SEARCH Button on]
OceanNora wrote:
31 Mar 2020 13:16
I've been monitoring 463.4625 pretty extensively over the past 6 months or so trying to pin down the users. I'm about 95% sure Dana Farber isn't currently using it or if it is not as part of the Cap Plus system. I have a feeling I'm missing at least a frequency or two but I'll add what I have to the Submit Data forum. I'll try out the other frequencies licensed to them over the next few days.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

OceanNora,

As you ID TGs, and confirm them, if you want to add them here, and we'll tack it on. I created the page based on your submission. No need to create a new submission for this one system, unless you detect a major change fourthcoming.

Thank You Sir!

-- Mike
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.

OceanNora

Post by OceanNora »

No worries, will do. Hopefully as time goes on we'll be able to figure out all of the frequencies currently in use.