Breaintree Electric Light Dept (BELD)

Discussion forum for scanning Eastern Massachusetts, including Norfolk, Suffolk, Middlesex, and Essex counties, as well as the greater Boston metropolitan area.
pdisher

Breaintree Electric Light Dept (BELD)

Post by pdisher »

Anyone up for a challenge?

I live in Braintree and suspect that BELD seldom uses the 'old' low band (47.7600) frequency any longer, haven't heard anything on it in quite some time. In the Wiki there is only...
Braintree Electric Light Dept 461.6875 R C?? SL:? TG:?

I expect the storm tomorrow would yield some radio traffic and I wonder if someone with the knowledge, means, and talent could ferret out the details (or enough detail to get started)?

I'm fortunate to be able to work at home and haven't the time and experience "figure out" BELD communications.

Any assistance is appreciated, it was always a treat to hear where the power was out and when they were ready to "flip the switch" and turn it back on!

RadioPro

Re: Breaintree Electric Light Dept (BELD)

Post by RadioPro »

BELD is on the 900MHz digital C+ ICE System. 2 talkgroups. Old low band is all gone.

disp617

Post by disp617 »

RadioPro wrote:
12 Apr 2020 11:09
BELD is on the 900MHz digital C+ ICE System. 2 talkgroups. Old low band is all gone.
Are they? I don't see the talkgroups listed in the https://scan-ne.net/wiki/index.php?titl ... bo_Systems. What are they?

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

Could be they are sharing the 461.6875 with Cable ? or using Phones or even still have the low band, but rarely need it since phones still work ?

See what you can confirm in use for the 461.6875 and make a DB submission as all of our information comes from user contributions
pdisher wrote:
12 Apr 2020 09:58
Anyone up for a challenge?

I live in Braintree and suspect that BELD seldom uses the 'old' low band (47.7600) frequency any longer, haven't heard anything on it in quite some time. In the Wiki there is only...
Braintree Electric Light Dept 461.6875 R C?? SL:? TG:?

I expect the storm tomorrow would yield some radio traffic and I wonder if someone with the knowledge, means, and talent could ferret out the details (or enough detail to get started)?

I'm fortunate to be able to work at home and haven't the time and experience "figure out" BELD communications.

Any assistance is appreciated, it was always a treat to hear where the power was out and when they were ready to "flip the switch" and turn it back on!
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

RadioPro

Post by RadioPro »

Someone told me they are on the ICE system. I have seen their trucks and they have the 900MHz Antenna that ICE likes to use. I’m not 100% sure????

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

I'll be curious if you hear them on 461.6875 CC15 TG1 SL1.
I've picked up some strong transmissions on this frequency/TG in Braintree in the past but were never fully able to confirm the use.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

There is something DMR on it [461.6875] today, maybe a few DMR members can sit on it and provide the needed info
The signal is weaker than I would expect from Braintree, so it could be the Chelsea Soldiers Home that I hear this am
W1KNE wrote:
12 Apr 2020 18:36
I've picked up some strong transmissions on this frequency/TG in Braintree in the past but were never fully able to confirm the use.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

bfrederi

Post by bfrederi »

461.6875 is one of those Winchester Hospital DMR frequencies we were confirming this past week -- CC 7, Slot 1, TG 1. Active today, though totally encrypted. Just mentioning it in case anybody else is looking at this frequency trying to sort out Braintree ELD and Chelsea Soldiers Home. (I *think* I would be able to pick up Chelsea here, but I'm not seeing even a trace of anything on the SDR# waterfall.)

ecps92 wrote:
13 Apr 2020 08:53
There is something DMR on it [461.6875] today, maybe a few DMR members can sit on it and provide the needed info
The signal is weaker than I would expect from Braintree, so it could be the Chelsea Soldiers Home that I hear this am
Bruce
Burlington, MA

pdisher

Post by pdisher »

W1KNE wrote:
12 Apr 2020 18:36
In a week I heard one transmission (well 2 within 10 min) it was a dispatch concerning a water flow alarm. There was a reference to the Sloan School. It appeared as though this was a general broadcast with no acknowledgement traffic.

Not sure if the traffic was law enforcement or building operations, it sounded more like building operations as there were no 'unit numbers' referenced.

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

That would have been MIT
461.68750 WPJY943 IG MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY CAMBRIDGE MIDDLESEX MA
pdisher wrote:
20 Apr 2020 05:41
In a week I heard one transmission (well 2 within 10 min) it was a dispatch concerning a water flow alarm. There was a reference to the Sloan School. It appeared as though this was a general broadcast with no acknowledgement traffic.

Not sure if the traffic was law enforcement or building operations, it sounded more like building operations as there were no 'unit numbers' referenced.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies