District 14 Fire Search & Rescue Ops on MSP Events-3

Discussion forum for scanning Eastern Massachusetts, including Norfolk, Suffolk, Middlesex, and Essex counties, as well as the greater Boston metropolitan area.
MASSBUSMARK
SNE and Wiki Moderator

District 14 Fire Search & Rescue Ops on MSP Events-3

Post by MASSBUSMARK »

Heard radio traffic for a search and rescue operation in Hopkinton for a missing person in the woods off Richards Road on MSP Events-3 in the Noon hour. Person was found in the area close to the Mass Pike. Once the person was found and carried out to the waiting ambulance incident command (ID as District 14 Operations) told all units to return to the staging area.
Mark

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Re: District 14 Fire Search & Rescue Ops on MSP Events-3

Post by ecps92 »

Sounded like it was patched with some other channels as well, the DLE Units [K9] were on Events-3, the troopers maybe on SOPS-3?
MASSBUSMARK wrote:
17 May 2020 13:15
Heard radio traffic for a search and rescue operation in Hopkinton for a missing person in the woods off Richards Road on MSP Events-3 in the Noon hour. Person was found in the area close to the Mass Pike. Once the person was found and carried out to the waiting ambulance incident command (ID as District 14 Operations) told all units to return to the staging area.
Mark
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

14COMM9

Post by 14COMM9 »

It was actually in Southboro. Was for a missing elderly female. They moved everyone to VTAC/UTAC/8TAC/Events 3 for interop of all the players.
Formerly "AFD94" (On the old SNE)
MAFD14 COMM6
Citywide 233

n1zyy

Post by n1zyy »

14COMM9 wrote:
27 May 2020 15:25
It was actually in Southboro. Was for a missing elderly female. They moved everyone to VTAC/UTAC/8TAC/Events 3 for interop of all the players.
I'm curious how they go about doing this. Do they deploy something on-site?

Not that patching frequencies together in a console is hard, but I'd assume you need to be local for the portables on the *TAC channels to be heard, and I'm not sure how many people are driving around with a pile of radios and a JPS interop setup. :-P
Matt, N1ZYY ★ Lowell, MA

JBP

Post by JBP »

"Tac Stack" There are repeaters on various VTAC, UTAC and 8TAC channels at sites all over the state that are connected into CoMIRS system so they can be patched from their consoles.

See Page 30.
https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/20 ... a2rsp1.pdf
Jeremy
KB1REQ (DMR-MARC: 3125125)

MrSvenSven
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by MrSvenSven »

In addition to the fixed tac stack sites, there are quite a few different command vehicles around that have some combination of mobile repeaters and control stations that can be patched. The fire district 14 communications team has one.