Quincy PD Channel 3

Discussion forum for scanning Eastern Massachusetts, including Norfolk, Suffolk, Middlesex, and Essex counties, as well as the greater Boston metropolitan area.
garys
Forums and Wiki Moderator

Quincy PD Channel 3

Post by garys »

This was being used a an event channel at what seemed to be a 9-11 memorial service. Used in analog mode. Which also brought me to the Wiki page for Norfolk County police agencies where I saw that they have P25 versions of the 453 Mhz channels.

Time for a scanner programming update!
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Re: Quincy PD Channel 3

Post by ecps92 »

Quincy had the Dedication of the "Generals Bridge" on Saturday

As to P25, yes time to reprogram in the near future
garys wrote:
11 Sep 2021 13:26
This was being used a an event channel at what seemed to be a 9-11 memorial service. Used in analog mode. Which also brought me to the Wiki page for Norfolk County police agencies where I saw that they have P25 versions of the 453 Mhz channels.

Time for a scanner programming update!
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

garys

Post by garys »

That radio upgrade seems to be moving along rather quickly. Which is nice for a change. Maybe it's me, but the signal strength on police and fire seems way down from what it was, even taking narrow banding into account.

I think we're going to see some interesting changes, and not just in Quincy, over the rest of the year.
ecps92 wrote:
12 Sep 2021 07:54
Quincy had the Dedication of the "Generals Bridge" on Saturday

As to P25, yes time to reprogram in the near future
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

There is no need for agencies to be running excessive power, which is likely why we are noticing the reduction in signal [or the very odd Morse ID on Fire]
Quincy, both PD and FD have neighboring users [distance] that can regularly be heard into Quincy as well.

The power reductions began years ago, [before MBHRS, push their reductions] due to the more/increased use of the Mutual Aid channels when outside of the municipality
garys wrote:
12 Sep 2021 08:47
That radio upgrade seems to be moving along rather quickly. Which is nice for a change. Maybe it's me, but the signal strength on police and fire seems way down from what it was, even taking narrow banding into account.

I think we're going to see some interesting changes, and not just in Quincy, over the rest of the year.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

garys

Post by garys »

I know, but it interferes with my listening enjoyment! ;)

That said, I've noticed that P25 conventional signal strength is much better than analog. That's on three different generations of Uniden scanners, so it's pretty consistent.