Cataldo and Atlantic EMS

Discussion forum for scanning Eastern Massachusetts, including Norfolk, Suffolk, Middlesex, and Essex counties, as well as the greater Boston metropolitan area.
ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Cataldo and Atlantic EMS

Post by ecps92 »

with the snow storm and lots of VHF High searching and then an FCC search, a couple of finds/notes

Cataldo has put in for a few new UHF Channels in Salem
483.5500 as an STA [Special Temp Authorization]
472.0125, 463.2625 - WRFP234
462.5250 - WRFJ726

And we have a Repeater that can not be found licensed for an EMS Service, other than AMR
159.5700 R D155
double checked for an image with another RCVR and a different I.F.

anyone/thought on use/channel ?
Also it sounds like it could be two Repeater sites, as one comes in Strong the other Weaker

Some traffic has been from Dispatch to Wellesley A-1
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"
garys
Forums and Wiki Moderator

Re: Cataldo and Atlantic EMS

Post by garys »

Cataldo still has the Wellesley contract. I'll add that VHF channel to the scan list and give a listen.

472.0125 is in the Wiki, but as a former chair car channel. Clyde made the note back in 2012. I wonder if they are going to add some UHF capability for contracts in towns with UHF public safety frequencies?
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.
garys

Post by garys »

After listening a bit, one user is definitely an ambulance service. Transporting to "The General."

The other user is week, and some of it sounded like data being sent. The rest was unreadable.

Both using the same DCS on the frequency is weird.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.
ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

OK - no data heard here, only the DPL with two different signal strengths

No Cataldo/Atlantic license, but there is an AMR for multiple Repeater sites... hmmm
garys wrote: 30 Jan 2022 22:20 After listening a bit, one user is definitely an ambulance service. Transporting to "The General."

The other user is week, and some of it sounded like data being sent. The rest was unreadable.

Both using the same DCS on the frequency is weird.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"
garys

Post by garys »

Listened a bit up in the Sudbury/Maynard area. I heard the weaker signal a bit better than at home.

Definitely EMS dispatch, but i couldn't hear an address or hospital name. What I previously thought was data I could now hear are dispatch tones.

More listening may help solve the mystery.
ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

One Repeater (weaker) almost sounds like the RX [input] is CSQ and getting a Fire Dept page out
then also we have the Dispatcher muiti selecting channels and dispatching on more than one for key-up
garys wrote: 31 Jan 2022 17:49 Listened a bit up in the Sudbury/Maynard area. I heard the weaker signal a bit better than at home.

Definitely EMS dispatch, but i couldn't hear an address or hospital name. What I previously thought was data I could now hear are dispatch tones.

More listening may help solve the mystery.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies

garys

Post by garys »

The stronger signal is definitely Cataldo. A unit calling in identified the channel as "Boston Operations 1." Units transporting to and from MGH and Newton Wellesley.

Also Wellesley Medic 1 on this channel.
ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

100% Cataldo on both, as they hit the Paging tones and also used another freq Call Sign around 11:15 hrs
WQGG919 which is the Quincy 152.3975 Repeater

garys wrote: 01 Feb 2022 09:07 The stronger signal is definitely Cataldo. A unit calling in identified the channel as "Boston Operations 1." Units transporting to and from MGH and Newton Wellesley.

Also Wellesley Medic 1 on this channel.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies

garys

Post by garys »

I caught the station ID as well. Dispatcher stated "owned and operated by Cataldo." It's clearly used by their "Boston" operation which includes the Wellesley 9-1-1 contract. So not actually licensed on this frequency.
ecps92 wrote: 01 Feb 2022 11:21 100% Cataldo on both, as they hit the Paging tones and also used another freq Call Sign around 11:15 hrs
WQGG919 which is the Quincy 152.3975 Repeater
ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

adding to Wiki as Metro West and caught this afternoon someone ID as Boston "4"
thinking they took the AMR license and never updated the FCC
garys wrote: 01 Feb 2022 11:24 I caught the station ID as well. Dispatcher stated "owned and operated by Cataldo." It's clearly used by their "Boston" operation which includes the Wellesley 9-1-1 contract. So not actually licensed on this frequency.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies

garys

Post by garys »

That certainly could be. The next question is if "Boston 1" and "Boston 4" are simulcast/cross patched.
ecps92 wrote: 01 Feb 2022 15:16 adding to Wiki as Metro West and caught this afternoon someone ID as Boston "4"
thinking they took the AMR license and never updated the FCC
garys

Post by garys »

To answer my own question, no they are not Simulcast/Cross Patched.
ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

Not today tho...
I think over the weekend it was, as Fallon has done for staffing before.
garys wrote: 02 Feb 2022 11:25 To answer my own question, no they are not Simulcast/Cross Patched.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies

garys

Post by garys »

Weekend staffing at private service dispatch centers is different. Far less Chair Car and IFT traffic. The biggest thing on Saturday is dialysis runs, there are no dialysis runs on Sundays.

Brewster/Eascare does the same thing, they cut back on dispatcher staffing and simulcast several talk groups.
ecps92 wrote: 02 Feb 2022 11:28 Not today tho...
I think over the weekend it was, as Fallon has done for staffing before.
ScanBoston

Post by ScanBoston »

Sorry a bit off topic since you mentioned them I notice In Newton that all the new Fallon equipment says Transformative Health on it so I think they are changing out the name.
garys

Post by garys »

I won't be surprised. They started with the Lifeline ambulances a few years ago, so it makes sense to do it with the Fallon ambulances. I'd guess that the Stewarts ambulances up in NH have or will do the same.

Brewster repainted and relettered the Care Plus ambulances after they bought that company too. I think they are all EasCare now.
ScanBoston wrote: 02 Feb 2022 12:21 Sorry a bit off topic since you mentioned them I notice In Newton that all the new Fallon equipment says Transformative Health on it so I think they are changing out the name.