Worcester PD

Discussion forum for scanning Central Massachusetts, including the City of Worcester and Worcester County
cadbob

Worcester PD

Post by cadbob »

Not sure how to Listen to Worcester PD Trunking Channels on my WS1065, I downloaded the List from RadioReference and Uploaded them to Radio, but just dont pickup Chatter.
New to this, but been learning and reading, from what I have read WPD is in the 800mhz range and not fully P25? I posted sceen shot of my settings, I tried changing P25 Auto to 800/900mzh and LTR also but no luck
Attachments
Capture-1.JPG
Capture-1.JPG (272.34 KiB) Viewed 526 times

ScanBoston
Forums and Wiki Moderator

Re: Worcester PD

Post by ScanBoston »

That looks to me like it should work. They are fully P25 so P25 Auto should be right. I don't think you will get the phase two talkgroups on a 1065 but most of what you care about is phase one anyway.

cadbob

Post by cadbob »

I know but for some reason, not getting chatter, I start my Android Scanner and can hear WPD but nothing out of my ws1065. I just added more freq. and going to try
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (74.79 KiB) Viewed 518 times

ScanBoston

Post by ScanBoston »

You should just need the control channels. You have bank 9 in scan right? I think you can set it to NFM but that won't matter. Are you near Worcester?

cadbob

Post by cadbob »

Yes next town over Millbury

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

If you manually tune in one of the voice channels or the control channel, how is your reception of it? Start with the very basic, making sure you can actually receive it at your QTH.

Also how close are you to any cellular towers?
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast - Municipal Fire Alarm Collector
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me.

cadbob

Post by cadbob »

I was going to try manually tuning next, I added the frequency of my post above with the screen shot above that and I picked up one channel of wpd, I now believe the frequency’s supplied on radio reference could be off

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

cadbob wrote:
26 Dec 2020 21:02
I was going to try manually tuning next, I added the frequency of my post above with the screen shot above that and I picked up one channel of wpd, I now believe the frequency’s supplied on radio reference could be off
Nope, they're correct.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?siteId=26397
Mike Fitzpatrick

Tim

Post by Tim »

I would put the CC 1. 858.1375 & 2, 857.2625 in the list. Then turn Multi Site Mode: ON and then chose STAT and Check All CC: Yes. Another thing I would lock out the Wildcard!! :beer:
BCD996P2, PSR-600, Pro-2006, TRX-1, Par Mon-3 antenna - home, Gemtronics 800 mhz antenna - handheld, David Clark headset, :Bruins:

cadbob

Post by cadbob »

Tim, How do I lock out Wild Card? What is Wild Card?

I opened the Box to my scanner on Christmas Morning, I have never ever owned a Scanner or even read about them up until 12-25! lol

jbella

Post by jbella »

PD East and West are in the clear. Most of the other PD talk groups are encrypted. Doesn't explain not rx the others, but......

If you've never owned a scanner before, that's an awful big bite to start with, a P25 TDMA system.

cadbob

Post by cadbob »

From what I've been reading, and someone correct me if I'm wrong but WPD for P25 is Phase 2. So with that being said all the configurations I've been trying were actually hopeless as my WS1065 is not a Phase 2 scanner. But I'm learning alot programming and re-programing it.

ScanBoston

Post by ScanBoston »

No the system is capable of Phase 2 and many talk groups are but the PD East and West our phase one and you should be able to hear them. You do have bank 9 in your scan list?

cadbob

Post by cadbob »

Oh thats good the hear that they are not using Phase-2. I'm not sure what Bank 9 means but here is snap shot
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (166.19 KiB) Viewed 352 times

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

You have Worcester programmed for "Bank 9" or what your software indicates is "ScanList 9"
make sure you have that Bank/Scanlist enabled to be able to hear Worcester
cadbob wrote:
29 Dec 2020 22:28
Oh thats good the hear that they are not using Phase-2. I'm not sure what Bank 9 means but here is snap shot
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

cadbob

Post by cadbob »

Ahh Yes it is! Tried all the different Radios 800/900, P25, P25 Manual, Edacs Narrow, etc etc
No Luck, so far, I have Control Frequency at the top too

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

Can you attach the .bin file vs a screen shot, I think I know where the error might be and it is getting lost in the translations in the thread...
cadbob wrote:
30 Dec 2020 15:18
Ahh Yes it is! Tried all the different Radios 800/900, P25, P25 Manual, Edacs Narrow, etc etc
No Luck, so far, I have Control Frequency at the top too
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

ecps92 wrote:
30 Dec 2020 16:08
Can you attach the .bin file vs a screen shot, I think I know where the error might be and it is getting lost in the translations in the thread...
Hold on....

edit

Now you can attach the bin file.
Mike Fitzpatrick

cadbob

Post by cadbob »

Tried *.bin and *.zip file Website reports back Invalid file type.
But sure would like to learn where I’m messing up at with programming

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

cadbob wrote:
30 Dec 2020 18:47
Tried *.bin and *.zip file Website reports back Invalid file type.
But sure would like to learn where I’m messing up at with programming
Zip files are not allowed, You may be restricted from the BIN Files based on your post count.

Email me the bin file, w1kne @ scan-ne.com and I'll send it to ecps92.
Mike Fitzpatrick

cadbob

Post by cadbob »

Oh thanks Mike, ecps92 (Bill) has been really helping me in Radio Frequency forum. I mean above and beyond! But I dont think he he can read bins, I offered it up before to him.

Bob

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

you can email it to me, if not able to post at ecps92@earthlink.net
cadbob wrote:
30 Dec 2020 19:47
Oh thanks Mike, ecps92 (Bill) has been really helping me in Radio Frequency forum. I mean above and beyond! But I dont think he he can read bins, I offered it up before to him.

Bob
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies

cadbob

Post by cadbob »

Just emailed you Bill. Thank you! Not sure what I'm doing wrong or not doing, tried everything I have read that made sense.

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

Got it.

So looking at it, you are HEARING [logging] traffic, but it is Only the WildCard [See trunking objects]
where it has logged 65 hits, but none of the other TG's have, which is leading me to the thought
that those TG's are Phase 2 and not currently being used [during your monitoring time] as Phase 1

You've got your scan lists enabled [atleast according to the file] might you have accidentally shut off List 9 ?

Try this, Read your Radio, Save the file and re-email it to me again

cadbob wrote:
31 Dec 2020 11:12
Just emailed you Bill. Thank you! Not sure what I'm doing wrong or not doing, tried everything I have read that made sense.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies

cadbob

Post by cadbob »

That is exactly what I did, I read the radio and saved to bin before zipping. Last night I turned the hit counter on to see what was hitting.