WESTCOMM - Chicopee & Longmeadow Dispatch Center

Discussion forum for scanning Western Massachusetts, including the cities of Springfield, Pittsfield, Holyoke,
and all cities and towns within the counties of Berkshire, Hampden, Hampshire, and Franklin.
Rbjzx9

Re: WESTCOMM - Chicopee & Longmeadow Dispatch Center

Post by Rbjzx9 »

Activity on TG 4099 today, 2 entries in the log at 15:25.
I wasn't around to hear what was said.
BTT P25RX
Uniden BCD996P2
Grecom PSR-500
Realistic Pro-2006

NIGHTHAWK01

Post by NIGHTHAWK01 »

Anyone know what the communications plan is IF the trunking system goes down? e.g. "fail soft" mode? I'm guessing they will go to WMLECC police 460.225 & fire 460.475.?
K

xplorer417

Post by xplorer417 »

they have a conventional ch for longmeadow pd and fd i’m guessing east longmeadow probably would switch back too there old vhf ch or use the longmeadow fd backup ch for elfd and pd would use probably there old vhf ch? not sure

CG
Forums and Wiki Moderator

Post by CG »

Failsoft would give them 5 conventional repeater channels. Should be adequate for basic operations.

chris

matt04

Post by matt04 »

cdgordon wrote:
22 Mar 2021 10:12
I have been thinking about it and it could simply be that neither town is too busy and they are each primary mutual aid partners so this works best for them. If they had one dispatcher doing PD & FD for each town, it is the same staffing level as one dispatcher doing two FDs and one doing two PDs but perhaps more efficient.

chris
I think you are probably right. I've listened to East Longmeadow and Longmeadow for several years.

On the fire/ems side, the majority of calls were EMS runs with the standard responding, on scene, in service, etc. updates. Very few major fires, if they did have a major fire or incident they almost always provided mutual aid to each other so shared TAC makes sense.

Longmeadow is a wealthy town with with little crime. On a nice day with no weather or holiday traffic, etc. you could go 30 mins - 1 hr sometimes with no radio traffic. East Longmeeadow tended to be a bit busier, due to the proximity and PVTA bus from Springfield, but still fairly slow.

Only exception was the 4th of July with the carnival and parade. During that ELPD had plenty to handled with some officers at the carnival grounds, rotary for traffic and the rest on routine patrol. ELFD basically spread out around town as if they stayed in the station and got a call they would likely end up in a massive traffic jam. LPD usually got lots of fireworks calls or traffic complaints before/after the fireworks show. I would imagine ELPD/LPD may have a shared or dedicated TAC channels they could be split on for things like this.

xplorer417

Post by xplorer417 »

i agree on east longmeadow being a bit busier in june and july i’ve haven’t seen any tac chs yet for elpd and lpd

xplorer417

Post by xplorer417 »

hi all does anyone know what Police Channel 3 is on the WESTCOMM system for the East Longmeadow Carnival. Dispatch is calling it channel 3 but I don’t know what it is it 4099? talk group it is or something different?

fireman1333

Post by fireman1333 »

Westcomm TRS Longmeadow/East Longmeadow TG is patched to Monson PD VHF 155.490, it's been this way for over an hour.

xplorer417

Post by xplorer417 »

more crazy with the westcomm.

xanatos

Post by xanatos »

Anybody know if Monson PD is officially on a new freq? Been hearing Longmeadow & East longmeadow for a couple of days now. Is monson maybe using a tone to keep their traffic separate? 155.490

xplorer417

Post by xplorer417 »

it’s being Simulcasted to 155.4900 i believe it’s going to be a while before they get there own tg ware and monson will be together.

NIGHTHAWK01

Post by NIGHTHAWK01 »

So Ware PD/FD is going to WESTCOM? I thought Palmer FD was looking at WESTCOM but not the PD? Can someone verify if it is Monson PD/FD & Palmer PD/FD going to WESTCOM. Ware, Palmer, & Monson, seem to be able to operate on each others VHF frequencies (FD primarily) if necessary.
Ken
Chicopee, MA

xplorer417

Post by xplorer417 »

it’s just monson PD/FD are both going to be going uhf and ware pd/fd are both going to be going uhf won’t be for a while for both no palmer pd/fd i believe

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

xplorer417 wrote:
03 Aug 2021 00:19
it’s just monson PD/FD are both going to be going uhf and ware pd/fd are both going to be going uhf won’t be for a while for both no palmer pd/fd i believe
UHF or on WESTCOMM?
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast - Municipal Fire Alarm Collector
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me.

xplorer417

Post by xplorer417 »

UHF WESTCOMM TRUNKED

NIGHTHAWK01

Post by NIGHTHAWK01 »

As a side note on Ware PD, they have a remote receiver for VHF up at Quabbin Resv Tower and that feeds back to them on a UHF (beam) antenna
K
Ken
Chicopee, MA

fireman1333

Post by fireman1333 »

Is East Longmeadow Fire operations on the trucked system? I heard the tone & voice for a dispatch call on 155.76 but nothing else other than that initial dispatch.

xplorer417

Post by xplorer417 »

yes it is thats disp only because everyone wears the mintor pagers and the call guys like to hear the stuff the rest of the info is in the database

CG
Forums and Wiki Moderator

Post by CG »

Poking around the various municipal sites, a couple updates for WESTCOMM.

Not very consistent with Minutes for the meetings being posted online. Supposedly there is a website for WESTCOMM that has them all but Mr Google couldn't find it. WESTCOMM meeting for August minutes indicated the website was up. They have a facebook page but no links found there. Still looking at various municipal websites for the info.

Ware PD & FD will go live in November.

Southwick has rescinded their intent to join WESTCOMM and instead are merging dispatch centers with Westfield. There will be nothing much going on with regards to noticeable changes until next fiscal year (7/22) when they hope for more grant money.

chris

fireman1333

Post by fireman1333 »

https://www.westcomm-ma.gov/ Nothing is there, but hopefully it will get updated some day. I am also interested in the meeting minutes but all I find is agendas and old items, usually on Longmeadow or East Longmeadow town websites.

xplorer417

Post by xplorer417 »

the the cross patch for longmeadow and east longneadow fire ch 452.337500 has changed the pl too dpl 074

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Ware moving to Westcomm

Post by ecps92 »

Tuesday Morning, look for Ware to migrate to WestComm
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

sawyer100

Post by sawyer100 »

as you know now WREZ961 Horizon Technologies is the current FCC license holder for the six (6) "IG" business/industrial frequencies. I have no idea why they aren't using public safety frequencies. Anyhow the FCC must have said something, FCC file # 0009503657 dated 4/20/21. Applicant is Longmeadow, Town of (a government entity):

* They filed a waiver to the FCC to license business frequencies under the "PW" public safety pool, and are using the same six (6) frequencies as the Horizon Technologies (private carrier - for profit) business license.
* On 9/7/21 the FCC rejected the application asking the applicant to "explain in further detail" why they can't license public safety frequencies.
* On 9/16/21 the applicant replied to their Letter of Return with further details.
* As of today, the application is still pending review. It will either be approved or denied.

freqs are: 461.6500, 462.2000, 462.4750, 463.6875, 463.8125, 464.0750
and same exact six (6) transmitter locations. P25 emissions (8K10F1E)