Western New England University DMR

Discussion forum for scanning Western Massachusetts, including the cities of Springfield, Pittsfield, Holyoke,
and all cities and towns within the counties of Berkshire, Hampden, Hampshire, and Franklin.
W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Western New England University DMR

#1 Post by W1KNE » 23 Nov 2017 21:49

So it appears Western New England University may have switched to a DMR system.

On three new frequencies they have licensed, I was getting a CAP system with CC10. On all three

I didn't have the time to examine it more. 451.725 had been their analog security frequency. Being a holiday, naturally it was rather quiet.
All three of these would pop up, for a second, show CAP and CC10 on the 436. I didn't get enough time, as I said to do any real analyzing, but it may be worth checking out.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

#2 Post by W1KNE » 28 Jan 2018 22:37

Update. Western New England is running DMR Conventional.
451.7250 CC 10 - TG 101 (Campus Security). Slots 1,2. The "CAP" designator did not show during confirmed transmissions
Mike Fitzpatrick
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Re: Western New England University DMR

#3 Post by W1KNE » 22 Apr 2018 13:20

Update to an update.

It appears WNEU may be trunking DMR Now. I heard radio traffic on several frequencies, with data also now showing on one of them. I was unable to see more details as I was driving.

-- Mike
Mike Fitzpatrick