WMLEC Berkshire County

Discussion forum for scanning Western Massachusetts, including the cities of Springfield, Pittsfield, Holyoke,
and all cities and towns within the counties of Berkshire, Hampden, Hampshire, and Franklin.
W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

WMLEC Berkshire County

#1 Post by W1KNE » 28 Jun 2018 00:16

So several years ago, WMLEC was setup to operate through the Berkshire County Police Dispatch frequency (153.965) with a PL of 206.5. This was last confirmed in the early 2010's. However it appears that when the UHF system went live, the VHF link went dark.

The last few trips to the Berkshires I copied WMLEC over 460.225 / 206.5 with almost perfect copy in Great Barrington. This leads me to believe that the licensed sites for 460.2250 in Berkshire County are active, and we can safely remove the WMLEC entries relating to 153.9650 from the WIKI and other sources, as it is now very outdated information.

This post is in the Western Mass forum for any WMass monitors to post their objections to doing so, or if they know anything different.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.