Tri-College Campus PD

Discussion forum for scanning Western Massachusetts, including the cities of Springfield, Pittsfield, Holyoke,
and all cities and towns within the counties of Berkshire, Hampden, Hampshire, and Franklin.
W1KNE

Tri-College Campus PD

#1 Post by W1KNE » 30 Jun 2018 19:35

So while in the Happy Valley last night, I noticed something a little unusual, but it may be tied into the joint police operation between Hampshire (Amherst), Mt. Holyoke (S. Hadley) and Smith College (Northampton).

On 452.0125R, licensed to Hampshire College, I heard a security check on TG 30 for the "Cutter House", which is part of Smith College in Northampton.

So there is a chance that the operations may have consolidated to that frequency, with different TGs per college. I didn't spend enough time to monitor. (It's a lot more difficult to do so this time of the year).

While hearing that, I also had a reak signal on 464.3750 w/ DMR. This is Smith College's old security primary. Because SHadley is terrain shielded to the mid-valley, this could be tied in with the other.

It requires more monitoring, but it worth noting.

(Also note the CC is 3, and the comms were on Slot 1)
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.

cdgordon

Re: Tri-College Campus PD

#2 Post by cdgordon » 31 Aug 2018 09:40

Confirmed all 3 colleges share a 3 site simulcast DMR system for the Campus PD
Hampshire College - 452.0125 DCC 3 TGID 50
Mt Holyoke College - 464.3750 DCC 1 TGID 50
Smith College - 461.5750 DCC 2 TGID 50

Not sure what other TGIDs are available for the various PDs. I would suspect they each have their own and perhaps special events TGs or channels.

chris