Six Flags New England

Discussion forum for scanning Western Massachusetts, including the cities of Springfield, Pittsfield, Holyoke,
and all cities and towns within the counties of Berkshire, Hampden, Hampshire, and Franklin.
jvaillancourt

Six Flags New England

#1 Post by jvaillancourt » 20 Jun 2019 13:35

I was wondering if anyone knows if Six Flags allows radio scanners in the park? I'm not a big fan of amusement parks and I usually just find a spot to sit. It would be neat to listen to park ops while I'm there. It's not listed on their banned items web page.

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Re: Six Flags New England

#2 Post by W1KNE » 21 Jun 2019 09:24

Disconnect the antenna, and bring it in with ear buds. (Put antenna in your pocket). They'll think it's just a radio.

Honestly, you'll probably get no grief over it.

Check out the SNE Wiki for the LTR system at the park. Many TGs I confirmed last year, and reconfirmed by another user this year.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.

jvaillancourt

Re: Six Flags New England

#3 Post by jvaillancourt » 21 Jun 2019 17:53

W1KNE wrote:
21 Jun 2019 09:24
Disconnect the antenna, and bring it in with ear buds. (Put antenna in your pocket). They'll think it's just a radio.

Honestly, you'll probably get no grief over it.

Check out the SNE Wiki for the LTR system at the park. Many TGs I confirmed last year, and reconfirmed by another user this year.
I saw tons of TG and I already programmed them in. I'm probably over thinking it.