Cataldo Ambulance takes over Holyoke coverage

Discussion forum for scanning Western Massachusetts, including the cities of Springfield, Pittsfield, Holyoke,
and all cities and towns within the counties of Berkshire, Hampden, Hampshire, and Franklin.
fireman1333

Cataldo Ambulance takes over Holyoke coverage

Post by fireman1333 »

I don't see any frequencies for Cataldo here in Western Mass. Anyone have a clue what frequencies they might be using?

Maybe they will just jump on a med channel like AMR :confused:

https://www.masslive.com/news/2022/10/c ... vider.html
garys
Forums and Wiki Moderator

Re: Cataldo Ambulance takes over Holyoke coverage

Post by garys »

That's interesting. I wonder what they use in Chicopee?
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.
ScanBoston
Super Idiot

Post by ScanBoston »

The article says they are replacing Action Ambulance. What is Action using now? In my area the private ambulances serving the towns are dispatched right on the local fire frequencies not on thier own frequencies anyways. These contracts usually specify these are units are just for the city. They are usually marked for the city they serve in some way as well. Cambridge is big enough that they are an exception but most are dispatched by the cities right on thier own frequencies.
ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

Action seems to have been on the ICE TRS
https://www.snewiki.com/wiki/index.php/ ... nies_in_MA
and 453.7000

So a start might be on that 900 DMR system
fireman1333 wrote: 18 Oct 2022 20:25 I don't see any frequencies for Cataldo here in Western Mass. Anyone have a clue what frequencies they might be using?

Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"
garys

Post by garys »

I've never seen anything that makes me think that Action was on the ICE system. Access was, but they are moving off of it.

John has a good point about using the Holyoke frequencies. It's very common for private services to do that.

I'll withhold comment about "dedicated" units as experiences differ.

Pro is a unique case in that they have access to the Cambridge Trunk as well as the MSP analog trunk. Their ambulances also can talk to FDs surrounding Cambridge on those FD's channels. For example, Pro does a lot of back up work in Watertown and uses the fire departments channel. For that matter, Fallon does as well when they respond.

Programmable radios make all of these things easy to do.
ecps92 wrote: 19 Oct 2022 06:46 Action seems to have been on the ICE TRS
https://www.snewiki.com/wiki/index.php/ ... nies_in_MA
and 453.7000

So a start might be on that 900 DMR system
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.
ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

My error, too early in the am, and multi-tasking the ICE was ALERT not Action
garys wrote: 19 Oct 2022 08:47 I've never seen anything that makes me think that Action was on the ICE system. Access was, but they are moving off of it.

John has a good point about using the Holyoke frequencies. It's very common for private services to do that.

I'll withhold comment about "dedicated" units as experiences differ.

Pro is a unique case in that they have access to the Cambridge Trunk as well as the MSP analog trunk. Their ambulances also can talk to FDs surrounding Cambridge on those FD's channels. For example, Pro does a lot of back up work in Watertown and uses the fire departments channel. For that matter, Fallon does as well when they respond.

Programmable radios make all of these things easy to do.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"
garys

Post by garys »

Alert, Action, Access are all pretty close on that page.

Speaking of Alert, I used to hear their western MA Talk Group on the Freetown site, but don't hear it any more. So, either they don't use it or maybe have a direct console connection into the ICE system so they aren't dependent on site affiliation.

If that's actually possible.
ecps92 wrote: 19 Oct 2022 09:14 My error, too early in the am, and multi-tasking the ICE was ALERT not Action
CG

Post by CG »

I turned on ICE overnight and nothing to indicate a new service there. I did hear scheduled transport in Wilbraham on TG 231 which is listed as Alert (nothing for 232 Alert - Western MA).
On OneVoice, I got traffic on Action TG, 1006000 but nothing else new there. I only monitored that for a couple hours.
Trying BearComm next

Chris
garys

Post by garys »

The Wiki has 1006000 listed as National Ambulance. Is that not correct?
CG wrote: 19 Oct 2022 12:02 I turned on ICE overnight and nothing to indicate a new service there. I did hear scheduled transport in Wilbraham on TG 231 which is listed as Alert (nothing for 232 Alert - Western MA).
On OneVoice, I got traffic on Action TG, 1006000 but nothing else new there. I only monitored that for a couple hours.
Trying BearComm next

Chris
ScanBoston
Super Idiot

Post by ScanBoston »

I live in Newton were we now have Transformative (was Fallon) and the ALS units are housed in the Fire Stations and all dispatched on the Fire Frequencies. Medic 4, Medic 1, Medic 2 etc. The trucks themselves are marked up themselves saying Newton Medic 4 ETC. Waltham has a different company but same deal there's say serving the city of Waltham.
fireman1333

Post by fireman1333 »

Action used 453.700 for emergency calls, which they are licensed in Holyoke, Mt Tom location if I recall
W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

fireman1333 wrote: 19 Oct 2022 17:33 Action used 453.700 for emergency calls, which they are licensed in Holyoke, Mt Tom location if I recall
453.7000 D743 .
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast - Municipal Fire Alarm Collector
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me.
ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

Reportedly they use an LTE product with a DMR 900 Network as a back-up
fireman1333 wrote: 18 Oct 2022 20:25 I don't see any frequencies for Cataldo here in Western Mass. Anyone have a clue what frequencies they might be using?

Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies

CG

Post by CG »

garys wrote: 19 Oct 2022 12:58 The Wiki has 1006000 listed as National Ambulance. Is that not correct?
It would be what the database says, I have it different and I don't know why. I don't monitor any of the commercial providers in the Springfield area on a regular basis.

chris
garys

Post by garys »

Thanks.

CG wrote: 20 Oct 2022 07:59 It would be what the database says, I have it different and I don't know why. I don't monitor any of the commercial providers in the Springfield area on a regular basis.

chris
CG

Post by CG »

I believe they are using ICE 900 TRS TGID 798. I cannot hear them from my home but was doing some mobile monitoring and heard a car responding to a crash in the city.
Also, local EMS traffic still heard on TGID 231, database has Alert EMS using it
I have noted some Action traffic today on the 453.700 D743 but again, very brief monitoring.
disp617

Post by disp617 »

CG wrote: 27 Dec 2022 18:48 I believe they are using ICE 900 TRS TGID 798. I cannot hear them from my home but was doing some mobile monitoring and heard a car responding to a crash in the city.
Also, local EMS traffic still heard on TGID 231, database has Alert EMS using it
I have noted some Action traffic today on the 453.700 D743 but again, very brief monitoring.
Don't forget Chapin Ambulance. They are a new company out that way and I don't think anyone has found them on the radio dial yet.
garys

Post by garys »

Alert was using a different TG for western operations, but seems to have consolidated every thing on 231. At one time I could hear that talk group on the ICE Freetown site as their dispatch center affiliated with it when talking to western MA units.

I'll put 798 into my SDR and see if it pops up on one of the Boston area sites.

CG wrote: 27 Dec 2022 18:48 I believe they are using ICE 900 TRS TGID 798. I cannot hear them from my home but was doing some mobile monitoring and heard a car responding to a crash in the city.
OceanNora

Post by OceanNora »

I heard 798 on Site 4 the other day, I left it locked on the TG for the entire day but only picked up about 7 transmissions or so. The only call I heard them dispatched to was a medical at a nursing home in Holyoke so I'm not sure if it was a 911 provider or not. If it helps those more familiar with the area narrow it down, the two ambulances were 51 and 53 and the base ID'ed itself as Operations