MSP talk groups cross traffic

This forum is for the discussion of the scanning and monitoring of Massachusetts statewide agencies.
AFD94

MSP talk groups cross traffic

Post by AFD94 »

Tried to find something on this before posting but didn’t have too much luck. I run a BCD325P2 at home on Zone 5 & 8. Occasionally I’ll hear traffic from a TG as the scanner shows a different channel. Example earlier today I heard one of the A Patrol channels but the radio was showing Event 2. I know that the traffic wasn’t on Event 2 as I had an 800 radio set to that channel. I checked to make sure the TGs were not programmed wrong also.

Thanks

Mark SNE Moderator
Forums and Wiki Moderator

Re: MSP talk groups cross traffic

Post by Mark SNE Moderator »

Do you have the talkgroups labeled properly? Double check those, then if it is something beyond that we can better help you, thanks.
Mark,

Scan New England Moderator

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

If the real radio with Events 2 did not hear the traffic, I would follow garys advise first.

My other thought was going to be a patch or multi-select, but the "REAL" radio would have handled that.
AFD94 wrote:
04 Jun 2022 16:20
Tried to find something on this before posting but didn’t have too much luck. I run a BCD325P2 at home on Zone 5 & 8. Occasionally I’ll hear traffic from a TG as the scanner shows a different channel. Example earlier today I heard one of the A Patrol channels but the radio was showing Event 2. I know that the traffic wasn’t on Event 2 as I had an 800 radio set to that channel. I checked to make sure the TGs were not programmed wrong also.

Thanks
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

AFD94

Post by AFD94 »

Mark SNE Moderator wrote:
05 Jun 2022 19:25
Do you have the talkgroups labeled properly? Double check those, then if it is something beyond that we can better help you, thanks.
Yes I did include that they were checked for accuracy. My 996T seemed to do it a lot. Maybe just gremlins