List of encrypted agencies

Scanner related discussion pertinent to anywhere in the world not covered by forum specific topics.
W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

List of encrypted agencies

Post by W1KNE »

In our world famous wiki, now exists a page that lists all full time encrypted primary departments. (And which departments).
This list does not contain, secondary encrypted agencies, partially encrypted (*unless 90% of all comms are encrypted), and non public safety.
(Colleges and Hospitals are likely to come)

The list covers New England and New York!

https://www.snewiki.com/wiki/index.php/Encryption

Fun fact: The largest city to use Encryption in the US is San Jose, CA.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast - Municipal Fire Alarm Collector
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me.

LD723

Re: List of encrypted agencies

Post by LD723 »

Monson PD Hampden Mass I don't believe should be there they are rarely ever encrypted. They operate atm patched to the Westcomm trunked system but still analog transmissions on their main channel and clear digital on the patched Westcomm trunked transmissions.

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

OK. The last 3-4 times I've heard them were all encrypted so I had put them on the list.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast - Municipal Fire Alarm Collector
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me.

LD723

Post by LD723 »

Understood :) it is mainly analog over 95% of the time but they are planning to hop on westcomm P25 trunked in the clear. I've been listening this whole week on both the analog frequency and the patch on westcomm. Nothing encrypted so far just heard them speaking again as I type this

artb257

Post by artb257 »

There may be a couple more agencies to add to the list. I am not able to confirm the information myself, but last Friday (9/10), a post was made on Radio Reference stating that both the PD and FD in Hudson (MA) have gone encrypted. Maybe someone closer can check this out.

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

Saw that too, but we still have them as Analog and not even P25 that the subject mentioned
artb257 wrote:
14 Sep 2021 06:20
There may be a couple more agencies to add to the list. I am not able to confirm the information myself, but last Friday (9/10), a post was made on Radio Reference stating that both the PD and FD in Hudson (MA) have gone encrypted. Maybe someone closer can check this out.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

Scott
Site Administrator

Post by Scott »

And as I mentioned at the post in RR, the license indicates they are authorized for P25 use. It could be as simple as they were testing it, and the person that heard it was in the right place at the right time.
Scott
SNE Maintenance/Janitor/Fixer of "Things"