File for new Uniden Sentinel app?

Share your scanner programming files here! See the "sticky" post (top thread) in the forum for information how to post.
NHdave

File for new Uniden Sentinel app?

Post by NHdave »

I wonder if someone has one ready for the new Unidens. I've been a RS/GRE guy for many years and haven't owned a current Uniden but plan on getting the 536 this year and would like to look at someones programming to help me wrap my head around it.

Scott
Site Administrator

Post by Scott »

I'm sure they'll be available relatively soon. I have not broached the subject yet myself but I do have a 436 on order, so I will be doing so shortly and I'll provide it.
Scott
SNE Maintenance/Janitor/Fixer of "Things"

kenny

Post by kenny »

If you go here; http://info.uniden.com/NewScanners, you can find the Sentinel software, download it. Then you can start to experiment with it. You can see what it has for your area, then you can make changes as you want. The Sentinel Software uses the Radio Reference database that is up-datable for programming.

NHdave

Post by NHdave »

Yeah, been playing with it, but being a RS/GRE user I'm having a hard time figuring out the structure. I've read what I can find on the subject but I don't learn very well by reading, but by doing. I think I have somewhat of a handle on it but want to see how someone that knows what they're doing does it :)

JFR

Post by JFR »

I would also suggest getting the BuTel ARC software for your 436/536 when it becomes available. It is much easier to create/edit favorites vs Sentinel.

-JR