Rock County Sheriff Reception Issue

Scanning information and discussion for the state of New Hampshire.
aleckrohto

Rock County Sheriff Reception Issue

#1 Post by aleckrohto » 27 Jan 2019 16:23

I was wondering if anybody else is having this issue. I live very close to the NH border in Essex County and when I try to listen to the Rock County Sheriff on BCD325P2, the signal is always breaking up even though I have full bars of coverage. I read on RR that the issue I am having is because they switched to LSM and scanners can't decode that. I was wondering if anybody had any tricks that may be in the same boat as me with trying to receive Rock County.
Alec
Merrimac, MA

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Re: Rock County Sheriff Reception Issue

#2 Post by ecps92 » 27 Jan 2019 17:06

You might want to browse this thread in RR
https://forums.radioreference.com/threa ... ce.375822/
aleckrohto wrote:
27 Jan 2019 16:23
I was wondering if anybody else is having this issue. I live very close to the NH border in Essex County and when I try to listen to the Rock County Sheriff on BCD325P2, the signal is always breaking up even though I have full bars of coverage. I read on RR that the issue I am having is because they switched to LSM and scanners can't decode that. I was wondering if anybody had any tricks that may be in the same boat as me with trying to receive Rock County.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

JohnBolduc

Re: Rock County Sheriff Reception Issue

#3 Post by JohnBolduc » 12 May 2019 11:04

The Uniden SDS-200 does not have this issue. The BCD536HP also does much better with these type systems. The closest thing to a solution for my BCD996XT is to turn the attenuation on for those channels in question to try to eliminate receiving multiple sites at the same time.
John
Londonderry, NH