KPWM Jetport PD 2

Scanning information and discussion for the state of Maine.
a417

KPWM Jetport PD 2

Post by a417 »

1) i've never seen this site even have an affiliation request (not since feb 2), is this tgid specific to the tower down there at the west end of the runway by the mall?

2) are discussion pages going to be enabled in the wiki for convo like this, or will it be preferential to start a new thread?

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Re: KPWM Jetport PD 2

Post by W1KNE »

a417 wrote:
20 Mar 2020 23:56
1) i've never seen this site even have an affiliation request (not since feb 2), is this tgid specific to the tower down there at the west end of the runway by the mall?

2) are discussion pages going to be enabled in the wiki for convo like this, or will it be preferential to start a new thread?
All discussions are to happen on the forums. The discussions tabs on the wiki are for notes as needed and to be very rarely used, and can only be modified by wiki editors.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

It has been reported on the P25 system, however it was a also a TG on the now retired Analog system

Might be rarely used, for Special events

The Portland system is one Big Simulcast system, not broken up to Zones/Sites.
All Towers will broadcast/carry the same TG traffic
a417 wrote:
20 Mar 2020 23:56

Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

a417

Post by a417 »

So it's a legacy TGID, how was it confirmed within the last month then?

a417

Post by a417 »

It does fit in the TGID plan they appear to have, but maybe I just missed it. There are dozens of TGIDs (i've logged 60+) just not that one.

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

Based on the confirmation info column
It was reported [submitted] within the past month
2020.02.14 GaryS

My comment was "it was also part of the legacy system" and many of those TGs were moved over to the P25 system
P25 TG multiple by 16 = old legacy TG#

a417 wrote:
21 Mar 2020 08:43
So it's a legacy TGID, how was it confirmed within the last month then?
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

schwab
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by schwab »

Portland didn't re-farm their TGs that way. The old PD TGs were 48, 80, etc which would be TGs 3, 5, etc on the new system, not the 1000-series they have now.
Jacob
KB1VLA

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

OK - guess my memory is faulty, been awhile since I listened to Portland, being a tourist

that said, we then await Gary to update us on his edit
schwab wrote:
21 Mar 2020 12:24
Portland didn't re-farm their TGs that way. The old PD TGs were 48, 80, etc which would be TGs 3, 5, etc on the new system, not the 1000-series they have now.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

I'm going with a data entry error since I can't find a confirmation. I'm going delete the entry for now. If someone comes up with an actual confirmation, I'll re enter it.

It's possible that I heard it when I was last up there, but that was last year, certainly not this year.

Gary
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

a417

Post by a417 »

I'm up to 74 TGIDs right now, 20 of which are most likely decoding errors / bogus IDs but 52 different #s with voice traffic, and that ain't one of them.