City of Hartford FD now on CLMRN

Scanning information and discussion for the state of Connecticut.
CG
Forums and Wiki Moderator

City of Hartford FD now on CLMRN

Post by CG »

Hartford has been working for a while testing and installing radios. Today they went to the Statewide P25 Trunked System (CLMRN) using 16410 as the dispatch talkgroup. The Incident Channels are the P25 conventional channels that they have been using. The 154.31 simulcast is off at this time.

chris

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Re: City of Hartford FD now on CLMRN

Post by W1KNE »

CG wrote:
27 Apr 2021 20:02
Hartford has been working for a while testing and installing radios. Today they went to the Statewide P25 Trunked System (CLMRN) using 16410 as the dispatch talkgroup. The Incident Channels are the P25 conventional channels that they have been using. The 154.31 simulcast is off at this time.

chris
So what is where? Incident channels are still conventional but dispatch is on CLMRN?
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast - Municipal Fire Alarm Collector
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me.

CG

Post by CG »

Correct, at least as far as I can tell.
HFD Dispatch CLMRN TGID 16410 (TDMA)
HFD Incident 1 851.6750 NAC 121 reconfirmed today
HFD Incident 2 853.1375 NAC 122
HFD Incident 3 853.7000 NAC 123
HFD Incident 4 854.5625 NAC 124
HFD Incident 5 855.0125 NAC 125

No idea if this is the final layout or if it is temporary. They are still installing mobiles, I heard a portable saying that they were in a spare with no new mobile.
I would wonder if the Incident Channels are going to remain only conventional or will they be patched into the TRS?

HFDRADIO

Post by HFDRADIO »

Chris,
I believe that at some point when the city gets its new P25 trunked system, the incident channels will be run back though that system. No telling when that may happen.

700 Mhz LP analog simplex for hazard zone comms will be transcoded to P25 by FutureCom mobile repeaters and then into the five P25 conventional repeaters co-located with the EDACS for now. Several new 700 Mhz LP freqs will be used to decrease the likelihood of HFD/WHFD interference issues on the 700 I/O frequencies which were used previously for haz zone comms.

HFD units do have the ability to access the P25 incident channels directly w/o the MO3 in non haz zone situations. We expect that the coverage will be comparable to the EDACS.

Being on CLMRN allows HFD much greater communications flexibility especially when deploying State/Regional assets on mutual aid calls. I can remember many times when the Foam Unit responded outside the range of the EDACS. Also the Collapse Rescue/HAZ-MAT Decon trailer and Boat.

HFDRADIO

Post by HFDRADIO »

Just received word that they are working on getting a radio to feed the 154.310 crosspatch at Mt. Sinai. Not sure how long this will take but I'm glad to hear that they intend to continue supporting it.

matt04

Post by matt04 »

HFDRADIO wrote:
28 Apr 2021 15:37
Just received word that they are working on getting a radio to feed the 154.310 crosspatch at Mt. Sinai. Not sure how long this will take but I'm glad to hear that they intend to continue supporting it.
Any idea when the VHF cross patch will be online again?

CG

Post by CG »

VHF patch is in service for Fireground traffic only. Dispatch TG is still only on CLMRN. I would imagine it is that a P25 Phase 2 radio is expensive.

chris

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

CG wrote:
03 Jul 2021 09:08
VHF patch is in service for Fireground traffic only. Dispatch TG is still only on CLMRN. I would imagine it is that a P25 Phase 2 radio is expensive.

chris
Or there are future plans to encrypt the primary dispatch channel, and leave the firegrounds open, like some cities have done recently.

Speculation is just that.

That 154.3100 in Hartford used to give us in Berkshire County so much grief. BCFD units in southern BC would sometimes get wiped out by it trying to talk to county dispatch (at the time "470").
The new "response" frequency in BC has eliminated that issue.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast - Municipal Fire Alarm Collector
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me.

CG

Post by CG »

Hartford FD Dispatch is now back on the 154.3100 simulcast.
Thank you to those who put it back in service.

chris

WIKI updated

Alarmroom

Post by Alarmroom »

Also add 851.3500 MHz NAC 120 is also back in service.