Windham County (QV) Fire & EMS Updates

Completed submissions are archived in this forum. A submission may be marked as completed, but not added to the wiki. The move to this forum closes the submission.
Lynskey 85

Windham County (QV) Fire & EMS Updates

Post by Lynskey 85 »

It's been a while since I've submitted data for the WIKI, so I'll let someone translate the below updates to the proper format.

On the Windham County Fire Page:
Putnam Fire is now primary on 159.1275 156.7 (repeater). Their former 154.355 is a secondary/fireground
Also, Putnam Fire has never been a QV department. They are a WA department (Putnam City Police dispatch)

Under Department Fire Company Information
for Brooklyn, KB Ambulance can be removed. They are no longer the EMS service for Brooklyn.
For Eastford, EMS coverage is now provided by KB Ambulance
for Hampton, Hampton-Chaplain ambulance is no longer in existence. EMS coverage is now provided by KB Ambulance
for Pomfret, EMS coverage is now provided by KB Ambulance
For Thompson, EMS coverage is now provided by Putnam EMS

On the Quinebaug Valley Region page
Under UHF system, 453.375 and 460.600 are now region wide simulcast systems (used to be standalone sites selected by different input PL) however 453.375 is utilized for calls in the northern part of the region and 460.600 is utilized for calls in the souther part of the region. The usage is actually opposite the historic usage pre-simulcast. While I cannot confirm the talkgroups as I don't monitor the system, the 453 and 460 both are patched to talkgroups on CLMRN. In particular, the Woodstock departments seem to be operating on CLMRN during responses rather than on UHF, however they are patched.

Under the Member Department section, the following can be deleted as they are no longer in existence:
Community Ambulance
Hampton Chaplin Ambulance
Pomfret Ambulance

On the Department Apparatus section
Rescue 5,6,7 designating ambulance has been changed to using the term Ambulance 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Also of general note, as of January 1, 2023 Putnam EMS is now dispatched by QV instead of WA and operates on the QV radio system.

Lastly, the QV Medic is now contracted to KB Ambulance (previously AMR and American)
Greg Lynskey
W2GEL
Communications Center Director - South Worcester County Communications Center
W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Re: Windham County (QV) Fire & EMS Updates

Post by W1KNE »

Lynskey 85 wrote: 22 Jan 2023 20:25 It's been a while since I've submitted data for the WIKI, so I'll let someone translate the below updates to the proper format.
This is the kind of detail we like to see!! One minor thing, that I took care of. We do like to see these in the Data Submission Forum, so I've moved it here. :D

We will get this taken care of ASAP.

As always, thanks for everything you've done here over the years Greg.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast - Municipal Fire Alarm Collector
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me.
Lynskey 85

Post by Lynskey 85 »

Thanks for putting it where it belongs! And you're welcome!
Greg Lynskey
W2GEL
W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

Lynskey 85 wrote: 24 Jan 2023 19:28 Thanks for putting it where it belongs! And you're welcome!
Greg

Would you mind going to check it and make sure it all looks good?

Thanks!
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast - Municipal Fire Alarm Collector
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me.
Lynskey 85

Post by Lynskey 85 »

Hi Mike,
One minor thing. Otherwise looks good!

On the Windham County Fire Page under the Department Frequency Information, Putnam is not QV. They are WA (which is the Putnam Police Dispatch)
Greg Lynskey
W2GEL