New MIT Lincoln Lab security freq

Completed submissions are archived in this forum. A submission may be marked as completed, but not added to the wiki. The move to this forum closes the submission.
bfrederi

New MIT Lincoln Lab security freq

Post by bfrederi »

While searching for activity on a licensed Winchester Hospital frequency, I ended up finding the DMR system for Holy Family Hospital in Methuen and Haverhill, and also discovered the new (well, since 2018) home for MIT Lincoln Labs security.

I'm still nailing down Holy Family's slots and color codes and TGs, and will submit them when completed, but here is the info for MIT LL:

For wiki page: https://scan-ne.net/wiki/index.php?titl ... unk_System
under section Conventional Frequencies.

Code: Select all

Frequency 	Type 	Tone 	Notes

452.0125	R	DMR	MIT Lincoln Labs Security
				dcc: 4 
     				slot 1 
				TG: 244101 

Additional notes: Licensed since September 2017 under WQZY739. ID confirmed by multiple referencs to building numbers and other locations. As noted on another Hanscom thread, I have not heard any activity on old frequency 171.2625 for at least a couple of years. I find it a little interesting that they went from a P25 system on 171 MHz to a DMR system on 452. Seems like a downgrade somehow.
Bruce
Burlington, MA

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Re: New MIT Lincoln Lab security freq

Post by ecps92 »

IF I recall, there was an end to the Lincoln Labs / Dept of Energy grants/contracts which may explain how quiet the 171 became in late 2016.
Interesting tho to see on their home page a link from the USAF ensuring with COVID they are an essential part of Hanscom

Thanks

Wiki updated
bfrederi wrote:
05 Apr 2020 17:07
While searching for activity on a licensed Winchester Hospital frequency, I ended up finding the DMR system for Holy Family Hospital in Methuen and Haverhill, and also discovered the new (well, since 2018) home for MIT Lincoln Labs security.

I'm still nailing down Holy Family's slots and color codes and TGs, and will submit them when completed, but here is the info for MIT LL:

For wiki page: https://scan-ne.net/wiki/index.php?titl ... unk_System
under section Conventional Frequencies.

Code: Select all

Frequency 	Type 	Tone 	Notes

452.0125	R	DMR	MIT Lincoln Labs Security
				dcc: 4 
     				slot 1 
				TG: 244101 

Additional notes: Licensed since September 2017 under WQZY739. ID confirmed by multiple referencs to building numbers and other locations. As noted on another Hanscom thread, I have not heard any activity on old frequency 171.2625 for at least a couple of years. I find it a little interesting that they went from a P25 system on 171 MHz to a DMR system on 452. Seems like a downgrade somehow.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"