RDC Communications Talk Group

Completed submissions are archived in this forum. A submission may be marked as completed, but not added to the wiki. The move to this forum closes the submission.
Mark SNE Moderator
Forums and Wiki Moderator

RDC Communications Talk Group

Post by Mark SNE Moderator »

Just heard Talk Group 3204 simulcasting a USCG Ch.16 broadcast. This is in the wiki as a possible US Towboats talk group. Not sure if this is one and the same but from the sounds of it it's definitely USCG Ch.16.
Mark,

Scan New England Moderator

Mark SNE Moderator

Re: RDC Communications Talk Group

Just now heard another transmission on this talk group but it was from USCG Sector Long Island Sound.
Mark,

garys

Post by garys »

Which site or sites?
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

Scott
Site Administrator

Post by Scott »

There are several TG's for various different marine channels, or combinations of channels. Gary, these are on the Mashpee and Yarmouth systems. Network 178. I believe they may be for US Towboat purposes. The receive antenna is clearly in a great location, as was/is US Towboats on their UHF frequencies. The audio on these talkgroups is muddy though, or was the last time I listened.
Scott
SNE Maintenance/Janitor/Fixer of "Things"

garys

Post by garys »

I've heard at least one of these TGs on the Fall River site as well, which is why I asked. I can't get the New Bedford site, but it wouldn't surprise me if they are there as well.

I don't recall how clear the audio was, but of course that can vary from site to site and even among different frequencies on the same site.
Scott wrote:
27 Nov 2020 08:55
There are several TG's for various different marine channels, or combinations of channels. Gary, these are on the Mashpee and Yarmouth systems. Network 178. I believe they may be for US Towboat purposes. The receive antenna is clearly in a great location, as was/is US Towboats on their UHF frequencies. The audio on these talkgroups is muddy though, or was the last time I listened.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

Mark SNE Moderator

As Scott said, it was either Mashpee or South Yarmouth site. I only monitor those sites. Audio was superb.
Mark,

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

Mark SNE Moderator wrote:
27 Nov 2020 19:44
As Scott said, it was either Mashpee or South Yarmouth site. I only monitor those sites. Audio was superb.
All set Mark. I am not as concerned about which site, just updated the TG info and reconfirmed.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast - Municipal Fire Alarm Collector
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me.