451.49375 IDAS

Have a frequency you found in a search, but not able to ID the user? It belongs in this forum! Please read the rules sticky prior to posting!
W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

451.49375 IDAS

Post by W1KNE »

Hearing constant data "pulses" followed by the occasional conversation on TG 1-80, which sounds like a transportation company.

Heard the other week comms about "going into Waltham". Today heard comms about coming from a body shop.

All has been quite strong here in Taunton. Bill picked it up in Weymouth as well, but not as strong.

FCC has nothing on this frequency.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast - Municipal Fire Alarm Collector
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me.

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Re: 451.49375 IDAS

Post by ecps92 »

I thought it would have been 451.5000 [using a Scanner for DMR] but it could be .49375
W1KNE wrote:
03 May 2021 13:26
Hearing constant data "pulses" followed by the occasional conversation on TG 1-80, which sounds like a transportation company.

Heard the other week comms about "going into Waltham". Today heard comms about coming from a body shop.

All has been quite strong here in Taunton. Bill picked it up in Weymouth as well, but not as strong.

FCC has nothing on this frequency.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

Definitely on .49375, it won't decode on .5000.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast - Municipal Fire Alarm Collector
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me.

garys
Forums and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

I'm getting a strong pulse signal here in Stoughton. I'll sit on it for a couple of days and try to get an idea of the users.

Eric has a good post over at RR http://forums.radioreference.com/thread ... ng.298002/ on different types of IDAS. Based on his post this seems like it is a Single Site system. DSDPlus IDs it at IDAS TB.

I've set the Band Width in DSDPlus to 4 and I'll see how the decoding is.

451.5000 is part of the Gillette Stadium "Operations" Cap+ system.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

garys

Post by garys »

1-80 and 1-90 active today. 1-90 discussion about an accident on I-95 south, but no location.
Both TGs seem to be the same operation.

To add to the mystery, there is also a "Channel 4" showing up on the frequency. I don't know enough about IDAS to know if that means there's another frequency that's missing from our view or what.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

garys

Post by garys »

My last update for now. Here is what I have up to now.

DSDPlus identifies three channels, 1, 4, 5. 451.49375 is Channel 1, the other two are unknown as of now.

I have heard TGs 1-75, 1-80, 1-90. From reading Eric's post at RR, it seems that these systems use an LTR type TG structure. x is the "home channel" then the other number is the actual TG. I haven't figured out the UID structure yet.

The control channel beacons at longer intervals than Cap+, more like LTR systems.

I have this system set up in DSDPlus as follows,

IDAS 0.1, 1, 451.49375, 0.0, 0
IDAS 0.1, 4, xxx.xxxxx, 0.0, 0
IDAS 0.1, 5, xxx.xxxxx, 0.0, 0

Note that DSDPlus will through an error message if you put Xs in the frequency field so I have those last two channels remarked out.

I'm stuck now as without FCC data it's going to be a needle in a haystack chase to figure out those other two channels. Unlike NXDN systems, there are no hints in the channel number. Unless someone has an idea on formulas that is.

Maybe Eric will jump in with some insights.