RegionNet - Usage Reports?

Scanning information and discussion for the state of Maine.
ChrisP

RegionNet - Usage Reports?

Post by ChrisP »

Curious to see if/what everyone is hearing for RegionNet usage across the state (besides the obvious zone simulcast on some).

For instance, the Mt Blue RegionNet (172.675 162.2) is used daily by Mt Blue State Park employees/rangers to coordinate amongst themselves. Apparently it is "channel 6" in their radios. I also used to hear the state snowmobile trail drag/groomer checking in with Augusta RCC, but I haven't heard that in a few years (I think local clubs took over maintenance of the previously state maintained trails in that area).

I've also previously (couple of years ago) heard Maine Forest Service aircraft on Pleasant RegionNet (169.6625 162.2), but it was fairly few and far between, and it sounds like they mostly use the MSCOMMNET trunked system now.

What is everyone else hearing, if anything?

-Chris
Chris
Poland, ME
schwab
Forums and Wiki Moderator

Re: RegionNet - Usage Reports?

Post by schwab »

The only Region Net I'm in range of (that isn't patched) is Agamenticus and the only thing I ever hear on it is key ups.
Jacob
KB1VLA
CW115

Post by CW115 »

Ossipee Region Net is quite active simulcasting Zone 1 traffic forest rangers and fish & Game can be heard at times based on the unit ID's. York Region Net is also active but repeats traffic from a smaller area. York doesn't have much range, can only hear it when in immediate area.

Gordon
schwab
Forums and Wiki Moderator

Post by schwab »

The patches are directly from the console and repeat all of the zone traffic. York DOT and Waterboro carry identical traffic.
Jacob
KB1VLA