451.9625 DMR

Discussion forum for scanning Eastern Massachusetts, including Norfolk, Suffolk, Middlesex, and Essex counties, as well as the greater Boston metropolitan area.
OceanNora

451.9625 DMR

Post by OceanNora »

After monitoring this frequency for about 2 years now, I've discovered at least 2 (likely 3) users annoyingly using the same color code 7 on the same frequency (451.9625). It's been very difficult to ID users and even the kinds of systems, but I've made some progress.

ID'ed System 1- Partners Healthcare (now Mass General Brigham) Assembly Row Somerville
This shows up on my 436 as a Tier 3 system, though I'm not sure as they only have one UHF output frequency licensed in Somerville and I've yet to hear another frequency carrying similar traffic.
TG 88 TS1 - Security Dispatch. I'm not sure if security is provided by Partners or MGH, as I've heard "Charlestown Navy Yard to Assembly Row on a radio test," and I've once in a blue moon heard TG1 carry MGH PD Charlestown traffic. They also use identical terminology and refer to their base as Control, as does MGH.

TG 91 TS2 - CBRE facilities at Assembly Row - "Assemblr Row Security to CBRE," and facilities-type traffic heard

Id'ed System 2 - Vertex Pharmaceuticals in the Seaport
This appears to be just a single frequency DMR system.

TG 101 TS 1 - Security Dispatch

TG 4 TS 2 - Facilities Operations

Tentatively ID'ed as BAE Systems
honestly shocked I can pick it up from here

TG 120 - Security Dispatch. It sounds like just the base side of communications, among things I've heard is "Merrimack Security to Burlington, Merrimack Security to Greenlawn, Merrimack Security to Fort Worth, Merrimack Security to ARL," etc so it appears to be a linked system. BAE has operations in all of those locations, and they're the only area licensee that it would make sense for.
W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Re: 451.9625 DMR

Post by W1KNE »

OceanNora wrote: 24 Sep 2020 20:47
TG 120 - Security Dispatch. It sounds like just the base side of communications, among things I've heard is "Merrimack Security to Burlington, Merrimack Security to Greenlawn, Merrimack Security to Fort Worth, Merrimack Security to ARL," etc so it appears to be a linked system. BAE has operations in all of those locations, and they're the only area licensee that it would make sense for.
451.9625 TG 120 CC 12 TS 1 is BAE systems out of Hudson/Merrimack. Signal was 10 out of 10 up there today.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast - Municipal Fire Alarm Collector
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me.
OceanNora

Post by OceanNora »

Much appreciated on the confirmation, I'm just shocked I can hear it from my location with a 436 and a SRH799. For whatever reason I'm getting Color Code 7, but I also am for the other two DMR users on the frequency so I'm wondering if it's a decode issue. I'll dust off the SDR and see if I can pick up traffic with that.
ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

Sitting on 9625 from the South Shore I am seeing [Weak - even on a yagi]

Network ID: T1
Site: T1-1.1
CC:7

Unable to decode any TG's as yet

If I recall, months ago [last fall] one of our Worcester County folks had found this, but...it was from the Holden Campus [linked/networked]
they only heard the Seaport Office traffic. Nope, found my notes that is/was Alexion [in the wiki]

OceanNora wrote: 24 Sep 2020 20:47 After monitoring this frequency for about 2 years now, I've discovered at least 2 (likely 3) users annoyingly using the same color code 7 on the same frequency (451.9625). It's been very difficult to ID users and even the kinds of systems, but I've made some progress.

ID'ed System 1- Partners Healthcare (now Mass General Brigham) Assembly Row Somerville
This shows up on my 436 as a Tier 3 system, though I'm not sure as they only have one UHF output frequency licensed in Somerville and I've yet to hear another frequency carrying similar traffic.
TG 88 TS1 - Security Dispatch. I'm not sure if security is provided by Partners or MGH, as I've heard "Charlestown Navy Yard to Assembly Row on a radio test," and I've once in a blue moon heard TG1 carry MGH PD Charlestown traffic. They also use identical terminology and refer to their base as Control, as does MGH.

TG 91 TS2 - CBRE facilities at Assembly Row - "Assemblr Row Security to CBRE," and facilities-type traffic heard

Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"
OceanNora

Post by OceanNora »

Funny you should mention Alexion, not to get too off topic. I finally ID'ed 461.3875 Color Code 9 as them. Traffic was sparse and even more so now, but it's coming up for me as a Capacity Plus system even though this appears to be the only frequency in use.
ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

Still trying to nail 451.9625 as Vertex

other TG's found
101. 88, 6, 5, 4, and 3 where it is always an EMERGENCY

Locations mentioned are
Child Care, Lobby, Loading Dock, Garage, GSOC, Towers, Ocean, LC1
L....ding (hard to deceipher) Center - sounds like a LAB Nane
then the engineers are M1, M2, M4
Electricians E# etc

Sadly no outside street names mentioned, but also still weak to the South Shore even on the Beam
OceanNora wrote: 24 Sep 2020 20:47 After monitoring this frequency for about 2 years now, I've discovered at least 2 (likely 3) users annoyingly using the same color code 7 on the same frequency (451.9625). It's been very difficult to ID users and even the kinds of systems, but I've made some progress.

Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"
OceanNora

Post by OceanNora »

I'll have to throw this one back into the rotation, it's been a while since I've monitored it. When you get TG88, is it showing up as a DMR conventional or a Tier III trunked? I'm fairly certain that's the Partners (MGB) Somerville security.
ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

Hard to tell, as I am not using a DMR Scanner and need to be watching the computer it as it occurs.

Set-up is a TAPPED Analog Scanner and DSD+
The DSD+ Logs track the TG's but not what CC or Tier it is linked to and the audio is one big file, not segregated like the scanners can do
OceanNora wrote: 04 Aug 2022 00:15 I'll have to throw this one back into the rotation, it's been a while since I've monitored it. When you get TG88, is it showing up as a DMR conventional or a Tier III trunked? I'm fairly certain that's the Partners (MGB) Somerville security.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies