Midwest Medical Transport Acquires MedTech and Access

Scanning information and discussion for the state of Rhode Island.
OceanNora

Midwest Medical Transport Acquires MedTech and Access

Post by OceanNora »

After seeing a MMT-branded ambulance at Miriam today I did a cursory Google search and found out that Midwest Medical Transport (MMT) bought both MedTech and Access. Access is TG 562 on the ICE Connect Plus and MedTech is missing an updated confirmation, so it will be interesting to see if they stay on ICE/share the TG or will go to a PTT app like Vital did when they got bought out by AMR.
garys
Forums and Wiki Moderator

Re: Midwest Medical Transport Acquires MedTech and Access

Post by garys »

It explains why I've been seeing fewer and fewer Access marked ambulances lately. I also haven't heard nearly as much from them on ICE as I used to, so I suspect they are moving to somewhere else.

I was never able to find a hint about Med Tech.

ETA: Looking at the MMT Facebook page they have already changed the uniforms and issued new PCR tablets to Access and Med Tech crews. I expect we'll see ambulance changed to MMT colors and lettering.

Radios are an unknown at this time.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.
garys

Post by garys »

I have one scanner locked on the Access ICE Talk Group. Sparse activity today, but there are at least some units on the system. Given what typical private ambulance work loads are on a Monday it should be a lot busier so I suspect that they are transitioning away to something else.

Also they seem to be using four digit calls signs for the ambulances 1809 was heard this morning.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.
OceanNora

Post by OceanNora »

I had a feeling that might be happening, I might do a trunked discovery on ICE just in case they're just changing TGs. I have a sneaking suspicion though that they're probably going the way of AMR
garys

Post by garys »

It appears that way. Brewster also did the same type of thing.

I can see the advantages to that type of thing, but it sure plays hell with scanning! :(