CLMRN Bridgeport and Hartford sites.

Scanning information and discussion for the state of Connecticut.
garys
Forums and Wiki Moderator

CLMRN Bridgeport and Hartford sites.

Post by garys »

I'm updating my CT Favorites List including adding some new sites. It appears that the Hartford stand alone site will service Hartford city primarily, so I plan to build that as a separate system.

I'm not quite sur about the Bridgeport site though. Is that part of the main CLMRM system or a stand alone just for the city?

I have Stamford and other stand alones programmed as separate systems, but also will include their Talk Groups in my main CLRMN system in case they affiliate when out of range of heir stand alone sites.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.
W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Re: CLMRN Bridgeport and Hartford sites.

Post by W1KNE »

garys wrote: 06 Nov 2022 08:12 I'm updating my CT Favorites List including adding some new sites. It appears that the Hartford stand alone site will service Hartford city primarily, so I plan to build that as a separate system.

I'm not quite sur about the Bridgeport site though. Is that part of the main CLMRM system or a stand alone just for the city?

I have Stamford and other stand alones programmed as separate systems, but also will include their Talk Groups in my main CLRMN system in case they affiliate when out of range of heir stand alone sites.
Bridgeport is a campus site for the city, yes. Just like the other city sites. The regionals are the "Troop" simulcasts.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast - Municipal Fire Alarm Collector
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me.
garys

Post by garys »

Thanks. I'll adjust accordingly.

So even though New Britain is listed as a Simulcast, it's actually a Campus site and should be it's own system?
W1KNE wrote: 06 Nov 2022 08:46 Bridgeport is a campus site for the city, yes. Just like the other city sites. The regionals are the "Troop" simulcasts.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.
W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

garys wrote: 06 Nov 2022 09:53 Thanks. I'll adjust accordingly.

So even though New Britain is listed as a Simulcast, it's actually a Campus site and should be it's own system?
Bridgeport, New Britain are both simulcasts, but they're single "sites".
Mike Fitzpatrick
garys

Post by garys »

That was part of my confusion. There also appears to be some discrepancies between the RRDB and the SNE wiki. Minor, but enough to confuse me.

Under the umbrella of CLMRN I have the follow individual systems.

CSP All Troop Simul sites

Stand alone campus systems.

Bridgeport
New Britain
Bridgeport
Hartford
New London County (Naugatuck and Old Lyme sites because it's not clear who uses what.)

I've duplicated Departments under both the CSP and individual campuses just to see who ends up on what.

I also don't know if systems like Wallingford use the same Astro Core, but in reality I'm not sure it matters.

I may have to take a day long drive to CT to see how well this works! ;)

Oh, and I should add the Kent and Watertown sites in Litchfield County as yet another stand alone. I'll do the same as I did with New London because it's not at all clear to me who is on what up there.

Is it feasible to add a "Site" used column for those stand alone systems? Or is it just me that's confused?

W1KNE wrote: 06 Nov 2022 10:06 Bridgeport, New Britain are both simulcasts, but they're single "sites".
W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

garys wrote: 06 Nov 2022 10:42 ???
CLMRN sites are all based on troop sites. (A, B, C.). Within those are fill in sites. (Old Lyme, Watertown, etc).

Hartford I am pretty sure is also just a fill in site as well, as Hartford only uses CLMRN for fire dispatching.

Bridgeport, New Britain and Stamford are the only campus sites dedicated to their respective cities.

Any trunk that is NOT on the CLMRN pages, either here or on RR, are stand alone trunk systems.
Many however, like Wallingford, which you mentioned, and Middletown, uses ISSI with CLMRN, and those TGs will show up on CLMRN as "65xxx" series. But they are not linked otherwise.
Mike Fitzpatrick
garys

Post by garys »

Okay, i think i have it now. More reconfiguring to be done. I thought i read on RR that Hartford was building it's own site, but maybe not.

W1KNE wrote: 06 Nov 2022 14:14 CLMRN sites are all based on troop sites. (A, B, C.). Within those are fill in sites. (Old Lyme, Watertown, etc).

Hartford I am pretty sure is also just a fill in site as well, as Hartford only uses CLMRN for fire dispatching.

Bridgeport, New Britain and Stamford are the only campus sites dedicated to their respective cities.

Any trunk that is NOT on the CLMRN pages, either here or on RR, are stand alone trunk systems.
Many however, like Wallingford, which you mentioned, and Middletown, uses ISSI with CLMRN, and those TGs will show up on CLMRN as "65xxx" series. But they are not linked otherwise.
CG

Post by CG »

Keep in mind that it is all one system. Radio IDs and Talkgroups are common through the system. If you program them as separate systems, you will have to maintain each talkgroup database separately even though it is duplicated data.

Hartford has a bid out, and I suspect a vendor selected, to upgrade their EDACS system to a P25 trunked system. Whether the system becomes part of CLMRN, connects via ISSI, or stands completely alone, is likely within the contract that was only available to bidders.

The ones I know that are linked but not part of the CLMRN include Middletown and Wallingford (there are others planned as well). Those users can roam onto the CLMRN system but are assigned temporary RIDs and TGIDs. There are State users that can roam onto those systems as well.

chris
garys

Post by garys »

I've reconfigured my FL so that only Bridgeport, New Britain, and Stamford are their own systems. All of the others have been programmed back into the CLMRN CSP part of the system as "Fill In" sites. I used that term only to keep from confusing myself.

I won't be surprised to see Hartford buy a new Harris system and use the existing frequencies. RFPs are supposed to be public record and available to anyone, but politics.

TGs and IDs are common on the COMIRS system even though most of the individual campuses are maintained by the system owners.

I think I have CLMRN set up correctly for my 536HP and SDS scanners. I'll know for sure next time I'm in CT.

CG wrote: 06 Nov 2022 14:55 Keep in mind that it is all one system. Radio IDs and Talkgroups are common through the system. If you program them as separate systems, you will have to maintain each talkgroup database separately even though it is duplicated data.

Hartford has a bid out, and I suspect a vendor selected, to upgrade their EDACS system to a P25 trunked system. Whether the system becomes part of CLMRN, connects via ISSI, or stands completely alone, is likely within the contract that was only available to bidders.

The ones I know that are linked but not part of the CLMRN include Middletown and Wallingford (there are others planned as well). Those users can roam onto the CLMRN system but are assigned temporary RIDs and TGIDs. There are State users that can roam onto those systems as well.

chris