Barnstable PD

Discussion forum for scanning Cape Cod & the Islands, including Barnstable, Dukes, and Nantucket counties.
deacon

Barnstable PD

#1 Post by deacon » 11 Oct 2019 14:59

Have they given up with their conventional system? When I went off Cape on 9/1 they were using the trunk,10/11 and I am still hearing them on the trunk.

Mark SNE Moderator
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Re: Barnstable PD

#2 Post by Mark SNE Moderator » 11 Oct 2019 20:58

My guess is that whatever fixes were made recently did not solve the issue. Keep both the conventional and trunk system talk group programmed, that way you won't miss anything.
Mark,

Scan New England Moderator

On Twitter @marksheehan17

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Re: Barnstable PD

#3 Post by ecps92 » 14 Oct 2019 16:30

If I recall from a RR thread, it was an issue from the Console to the Repeater [good ole Copper Pairs] that took Verizon awhile to get fixed.
And with the Rain of the past week, even the BAPERN Repeaters are hanging up-again due to the old old old Copper Pairs being flooded out

As others have said, Scanners now-a-days have much more room that having duplicate entries is no problem
So load up the TRUNK and Conventional
deacon wrote:
11 Oct 2019 14:59
Have they given up with their conventional system? When I went off Cape on 9/1 they were using the trunk,10/11 and I am still hearing them on the trunk.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"